You do drawings and write, and it makes your brain learn a lot. I was absolutely shocked to discover that the castle-like structure is, indeed, an actual high school in real life. “The best thing about school is all the parties we have on special days, because I get to play games and eat lots of snacks,” enthuses Hayden McGreal, who whoops it up in grade one in Hamilton. IAMNOTASTALKER | Powered by, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), 10 Things I Hate About You filming locations. On October 11, 1898, disaster struck when a mysterious fire broke out at the unfinished structure, gutting the property completely. 2. Are these the things you hate about school?

A post shared by A2 Physical Therapy Tacoma (@a2physicaltherapy) on May 6, 2019 at 5:55pm PDT, Stadium High fun place to shoot next time will come when there is less wind #stadiumhighschool #tacoma #stadiumhs #dji #shotondji #aerialphotography #djicreator #djicreators #mavic2pro, A post shared by Skyhigh Media (@skyhighmedia_llc) on May 1, 2019 at 8:27am PDT, Called Padua High School in the film, Stadium High was used in a ton of recognizable shots—including that quotable moment when Bianca Stratford told her BFF Chastity (played by Gabrielle Union) that while she liked her Skechers, she loved her Prada backpack. Getting out and about It’s funny, how many things in that movie were so familiar to my life then. So incredibly cool! It was abandoned in the late 1800s after the financial crash and was completely gutted by a fire not long after. “I have a T-shirt that says, ‘Home and work are two words that should never be together,’” says 11-year-old Alex Jones* from Guelph, Ont. Gym class is the perfect antidote to carpet sitting and desk work. Architect Frederick Heath immediately set about transforming the vacant structure into a useable high school and on September 10, 1906, the then-named Tacoma High School opened its doors to its first students. Thirteen-year-old Graham Mater loves when his favourite teacher shares personal experiences. “[I like] the wide variety of sports and extracurricular activities,” says Alannah Clarke. Despite the time some projects may take, many kids are proud of their finished creations. The hotel was commissioned by the Northern Pacific Railroad Company and the Tacoma Land Company and was designed by the Philadelphia-area architectural firm of Hewitt and Hewitt. Não vou a nenhum desses lugares, mas é legal saber que dá ir: A casa da Meredith Grey da serie Greys’s Anatomy : http://www.iamnotastalker.com/2010/10/06/the-greys-anatomy-house/ A escola que aparece no filme “10 coisas que eu odeio em você” http://www.iamnotastalker.com/2010/10/20/stadium-high-school-from-10-things-i-hate-about-you/ […], Mail (will not be published) (required), © 2020 But once you get used to it it’s not that bad I swear by the time this year is over my leg muscles are going to be huge from walking up and down all those stairs! I went there today my aunt is the track/cross-country coach and I got to go on the roof :).it was awesome. According to IMDB, the school was also featured in the 1990 romantic comedy I Love You To Death. Love this post. The building, which at the time consisted of little more than a roof and exterior walls, was then turned into a lumber storage facility for the struggling railroad company. King City, Ont., grade-one graduate Noah Bishop* relished researching and presenting his findings about lobsters.

You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. Aspiring authors and artists are thrilled to launch their books and artwork at school. 8. I couldn’t believe it, actually I saw this movie like ten times! Many of us hate certain things about school that has contributed to funny childhood memories. I am glad I have this place as a memory and as the place I graduated from. Not surprisingly, many say recess and gym light up their school day. Yet another location that I stalked while vacationing in the Pacific Northwest this past May was Tacoma’s Stadium High School – the spot that stood in for Padua High in the 1999 teen comedy 10 Things I Hate About You. After being abandoned for quite some time, the building was purchased by the school district in 1906 and opened as a high school in Tacoma—and the rest was history. Great, now I can show him that post! Waking Up; It’s dark. I go here!

Kirsten, a fastidious five-year-old from Newmarket, Ont., hates “when the boys leave the seat up on the toilet, and they sometimes pee on the floor.”. I had the good fortune of playing volleyball there as a young lass in high school. And so begins a Shakespeare-inspired scheme where one guy pays the school bad boy, aka Ledger, to convince the older sister to date him, so that the guy can date the popular one.). The school’s name was eventually changed to Stadium High School in honor of the newly-built structure. 10. “I think it’s pretty cool to meet kids from other cultures at school,” says 10-year-old Keely Sifton of Nanaimo, BC.

5. 1. Most of our full time staff attended #stadiumhighschool, nearly our entire team lives in #tacomawa. 9. 10 best things. Instead, they explore outdoor playground equipment, chat and play games like Grounder. 10 Things I Hate About You is a 1999 American romantic comedy film directed by Gil Junger and starring Julia Stiles, Heath Ledger, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Larisa Oleynik. Frosty recess With its limestone and brick edifice, wrought iron detailing, and majestic views of Commencement Bay, I am extremely surprised that more productions have not found their way to the campus. I was especially excited about stalking this location as it is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL place and is so incredibly unique in its architecture. 6. Day tripping thrills most kids — whether it’s to a science centre, conservation area or jazz concert. The Bowl first appeared in the scene in which Michael (aka David Krumholtz) accidentally rides his dirt bike off of a cliff. The new stadium was completed in 1910 and was given the name Stadium Bowl. Stadium High School, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977, is absolutely breathtaking in person. Other kids loathe their lunchtime venue. The pause that refreshes This exchange took place in the courtyard leading up to the enormous school, and will forever be an iconic piece of teen movie history.

2. 14 Most Picturesque High School Campuses in the U.S. http://home.earthlink.net/~davidlperry/stadium.htm, http://www.iamnotastalker.com/2010/10/20/stadium-high-school-from-10-things-i-hate-about-you/, http://www.henrytrost.org/buildings/el-paso-high-school/, Elise’s House from “Insidious: Chapter 2”, Brad and Stacy’s House from “Fast Times at Ridgemont High”, The Delta Iota Kappa Fraternity House from “Van Wilder”, 90210 & Beverly Hills, 90210 Filming Locations. To play: “You spin, chase and tag kids,” explains one seven-year-old. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

“I can’t stand sitting on the gym floor to eat lunch,” says Graham Mater, 13, of Guelph, Ont. Nine-year-old Olivia Mater of Guelph, Ont., doesn’t like the “fancy words some teachers use, like ‘nutrition break’ and ‘dismissal routine.’”. I remember seeing some kids at my graduation asking me “I thought you moved away…what are you doing here?? Six-year-old Catherine Johne of Mississauga, Ont., succinctly sums up the school experience: “You do work, you do recess, and you do some important stuff.

“(I hate) all the work. And please remember to always get permission from the front office before setting foot on any school campus. Not surprisingly, homework tops most kids’ hate lists. Extracurricular excitement 10 Things I Hate About You was mainly shot at Stadium High School in Tacoma, Washington, and the school resembles more of a magical Disney castle than an actual learning facility. 10. We are proud to be locally owned and operated with a culture of giving back to our community... @petersenpictures ... @stadiumhsorchestra Fundraiser Sweat the Bowl II - Coming Soon? In the movie, Heath Ledger danced in the southern portion of Stadium Bowl’s bleachers, in the area depicted by the pink circle in the above aerial view. To celebrate the film's 20th anniversary, Stadium High School screened 10 Things I Hate About You on the football field—right in the spot where Heath Ledger performed a mildly embarrassing (but completely charming) rendition of Frankie Valli's "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You."