Every time I pick up a product from Kashi, I don't know if I am getting something crappy like Kashi Go Lean Crisp! They don’t contain the gross ingredients present in so many granola bar brands, and they do pretty well when it comes to nutrition! It is remarkably difficult to find a great bar. I like to whip up a batch and keep them in my freezer for enjoying in mornings or whenever a craving hits. Bonus–this healthy cereal is a great source of several vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, vitamin B6 and folic acid. We’ve got everything from wholesome baked goods to comforting savory dishes. I love your site and would love to know what you think of Kashi's TLC cereal bars. Try the chocolate peanut butter granola for another sweet morning meal! Which reflects that this is a pretty healthy cookie! Combine butter, oil and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on high speed, scraping down sides if necessary, until sugars have dissolved and mixture is light in color, about 1 minute.

The chia seeds add a nice little crunch, while the berries offer a sweet flavor. I chop up apples, bananas, strawberries, or whatever fruit I have on hand and put a dash or 2 of cinnamon in my pancakes. It can always be hard to believe when something tastes good AND is healthy for you. But if you see dextrose, maltose, organic cane juice, rice syrup, or other sneaky sugars on the label, skip it. It is more nutritious and is a better healthy fat option. We learn that Sara and Mel are saving the planet with Non-GMO (every ingredient has been modified by humans over time) and exotic sounding ingredients growing sustainable "superfoods" on their educational farm. I have been eating the Kashi honey almond and flax bar but since it has gotten smaller and seems like the flavor is off I think I will go back to my oats. My son likes the Kashi Autumn Wheat cereal (he is 2) which is only 7 grams of sugar per serving. Evaluate Your Cereal. Store in freezer. Packed with 11 grams of whole grains, these chocolatey, gluten-free granola bars are perfectly chewy and make for a great snack or meal on-the-go. There’s nothing like peanut or almond butter to crush any creamy craving. Then, pour the mix over the top of the cereal and mix until everything is very well coated. I think not. *I used One Degree Organics Sprouted Honey O’s, but you can use puffeed rice, cheerios, or any somewhat puffed cereal. If you find a bar that packs more than 10 grams of sugar, check the source. Bon apetit. They pack all the flavor into ready-to-eat snacks that are crunchy and satisfying. Eating these is eating a cookie for breakfast. Drizzled melted chocolate over the top and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour before eating. We usually have less than an hour to get everyone out the door. I love the concept of a breakfast bar for the “grab and go” crowd that never has time to sit down and eat. There may be affiliate links in this post! Get a coveted combo of sweet, salty, and chocolate-y in one bar.

You deserve better, so skip the crap that's loaded with sugar, empty calories, and junk ingredients. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat . We will never sell or rent your email address to anyone. I haven't tried adding some jam in the center to make it a true knockoff of the nutrigrain bars, though, yet. “When you are satisfied with what you eat or snack on, you are less likely to overeat in the future and stay fuller longer,” Rumsey says.

Let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before cutting, and enjoy! (Bonus: Look for five to 10 grams of protein—more if you're grabbing a bar for your post-workout snack.). A cereal bar is just what it sounds like.

These cereal bars are the best after school snack that my kids absolutely love. So, the first ingredient is the "blackberry filling", there are 9 grams of sugar, and three grams of fiber. Please share any other kid-friendly breakfast options for Joanne. Read More... Do you head to the grocery store and feel overwhelmed with all of the options? They’re chewy, delicious, and perfect for eating as a grab-and-go morning meal! Kashi Cereal Bars - Are They Healthy? Pour the cereal into a large mixing bowl.

Add oats, flakes, raisins and walnuts and mix over low speed just until incorporated. Joanne, a mother of a two year old, posted this question on Snack Girl's Facebook wall. Healthy cereal bars are a no-bake treat made by melting ingredients on the stove and mixing them with the fluffy cereal. Please read my, freebie! Add egg, carrot puree and vanilla and beat an additional 30 seconds. Most importantly, though, just find a bar you actually enjoy eating. Pour over top of cereal and mix until very well coated. Per serving: 130 calories, 5 g fat (1 g sat fat), 85 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrates, 5 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Let sit at room temp for 5 minutes before cutting. or a healthy choice like Heart To Heart. I hear you, Joanne. Most of these comments are missing the point. Made with vanilla, honey, almonds, and flaxseeds, these sweet-but-wholesome granola bars help send food to kids in need across the globe. Wet your hand and press down until it is compacted completely. Cereal bars are a grab and go meal for many busy people. You’ll also want to avoid sugar alcohols, like maltitol, mannitol, sorbitol, and xylitol, says nutritionist Alissa Rumsey, RD, founder of Alissa Rumsey Nutrition and Wellness. Why trust us? It's a lot healthier than you think and will keep you full so you aren't snacking all morning. :) Still trying to always be better & healthier, but doing it in the real world :) Keep it up. It’s essentially a granola bar that’s acceptable to eat first thing in the AM when you’re running out the door.

Wet hands and use palm of hand to flatten cookies until about 1/4-inch thick. (I chopped the nuts up very fine so they were easy to eat for my 2yo son.) Not sure where to start? download my top 8 dessert recipe ebook. Made with just 4 simple ingredients and take only 10 minutes to make! I'm Snack Girl and my website is devoted to becoming healthier. This post may contain affiliate links. While this one does have 15 grams of sugar, it all comes from dates and raspberries. Eat them as morning fuel or as a snack between meals for a satisfying bite! I create recipes, review food products, and support those on a healthy journey. Per serving: 170 calories, 8 g fat (2.5 g sat fat), 110 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrates, 10 g sugar, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. I’m Erin. The cookie flavor satisfies your sweet tooth, while the protein and fiber fill you up. Want to read about snacks?Whole Wheat Ritz CrackersIt's Time.....Lessons From a Coconut Love Sliders? It mixes and binds together to create chewy pull-apart style treats. Your daughter could also help cook it. My 2 year old loves them and often requests them for breakfast.