This site uses Akismet to reduce spam.

From BBQ chicken to the perfect grilled steak, here you'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to be delicious all summer long. But for a long time there was an easy dessert recipe missing on Scrummy Lane, and that’s a self saucing chocolate pudding. Then mix together the cocoa and sugar and put it aside. Once the pudding starts to thicken, remove from heat. This was so easy and a great use of my extra egg yolks! , and delicious.

Is grams OK for you?

Also I used Ghiradelli unsweetened chocolate and I found that I was left with little dark flecks of chocolate throughout the pudding that hadn't melted completely despite the fact that I cooked at a lower heat for a longer period of time to try to avoid this.

Definitely temper the egg yolks by stirring some hot mixture into them then adding them to the pan. It melted at the same moment the mixture boiled. Enter to Win $10,000 to Makeover Your Home!

Very creamy, rich, and chocolatey (when you make the chocolate version, of course). By Helen all recipes, cakes, chocolate, healthy desserts, Quick and easy desserts, sweet things, I ran out of eggs yesterday and was craving some gooey, chocolatey dessert…. Super easy and tastes amazing. Worked great! Hi Julie!

I added hazelnut extract. I love the step of using a sieve to get rid of lumps. The vanilla came out fabulous. The little chocolatey spots definitely show that the pudding is homemade though so if they don't bother you just follow the recipe as is and go for it! Thank you! Gritty or otherwise imperfect texture: you didn't use a whisk. Makes: 2 servings Mix together the flour, sugar and cocoa in a medium bowl. Homemade Chocolate Pudding: An Old-Fashioned Classic Recipe This is what some of the ‘lovers’ have said about it. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the cake has risen to the top and the sauce is oozing and bubbling underneath and around the cake. I find that using both gives the pudding the best silky, thick, luscious texture that we all want when we’re eating chocolate pudding! When you need a comforting meal but don't have a lot of time, whip up one of these fast pasta recipes. After you’ve tried this you might like to try my. I am following the recipe exactly but am having the same result.

Thank you. But it’s probably one of the easiest and most delicious you’ve ever tasted. The flavor was unbelievable!

We made it two days in a row!” (Juanita).

I don't want to be rude but if this recipe turns out as anything other than a perfect basic chocolate pudding it is entirely your fault. Before serving, whisk pudding until smooth; divide among four serving dishes. 3) Stir a few spoonfuls of heated cream/chocolate mixture into the egg yolks to warm them up BEFORE putting the egg yolks into the pot. Step 4 In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat until sizzling.

Next time I will use 3/4 cup sugar. Bring to a boil, and whisk until the ingredients are well mixed and smooth. Don’t try it if you don’t have the mesh to sieve. I would reduce the amount of sugar though, it's a little too sweet. Want even more dessert? I’ve never met anyone who didn’t like it, so fingers crossed! If you are using a screen reader and are having problems reading this website, please call 1-844-462-8299 for assistance, Privacy  |  Terms  |  Do Not “Sell” My Info, On the Table: Dinner with a Family of Four in California, How to Make Chocolate Truffles by Amanda Freitag, A Bourbon Peach Cocktail by Edouardo Jordan, All About Halloumi; The Undeniable Fryable Cheese, Whipped cream and chocolate shavings for serving, optional.

Really good!! i like the chocolate more than vanilla. It’s a magic pudding, basically! I also left out the butter at the end. Hello Wren! Very creamy and tasty. ), Find out how easy it is to make your own Wagamama style. I thought this recipe was great simply because it is so easy to make! This recipe turns out great! 18 Fall Centerpieces That Will Elevate Your Table, The Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner Menu for Your Smaller Celebration, Quick, Easy, and Delicious Pasta Recipes Ideal for Weeknight Dinners, 16 of Our Best Fall Harvest Decorating Ideas for Your Home, The Best Front Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Month of the Year, How to Disinfect Your Kitchen and Your Food During the Coronavirus Outbreak, According to Experts, Your Guide to the Most Popular Fall Perennials, How to Wash Your Hands Properly, According to a Doctor, How to Plan a Beautiful, Meaningful Micro Wedding So That You Can Celebrate Your Postponed Nuptials Right Now, Six Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health While You Work from Home.