So, we knew that we’d need some extra spots to display them. This tutorial to transform a bookshelf into seating requires no sewing! This canopy from Burlap and Blue has been made for a double bed but is easily transferrable to a cot or crib. While this may not be ideal for feeding your baby on, we find it’s really useful to have a stool in the nursery to move around and sit on wherever you need. These low-profile, space-saving bookshelves are actually painted ​​spice racks from Ikea's Bekvam collection. Hillary is a Motherhood and Lifestyle Blogger offering a glimpse into her happily chaotic life. Looking for a more reasonable option? I’m a full time working mama fueled by coffee and creativity. 33 Ikea Kallax Hacks For Really Small Budgets, 19 Ikea Billy Hacks that are Bold and Beautiful, 17 Awesome Ikea Malm Hacks that will Make your Day, 39 Ikea Hacks that are Simple and Super Stylish. I decided to pick up a couple, not knowing if I was going to paint them or leave them natural. Get kid-friendly recipes, fun activities plus parenting tips delivered right to your inbox. You won't believe the possible budget-savvy parenting hacks with Ikea’s basic Kura bed frame! I was happy with the two spice racks I picked up for cute book storage, but I knew it wasn’t going to be enough! We do this ourselves and it really was the best solution we could think of. Keeping in line with our neutral color palette, I went with the natural finish for the shelving and paired it with four DRONA boxes in white. Beautiful images of nurseries on Pinterest and Instagram add the pressure to create something amazing for your own child. So to make these natural wood pieces a little more life, I painted just the dowel that goes across the front. James and Catrin are a husband and wife team that just love interior deigns and home styling. Really easy to do! We love this hot air balloon light fitting from Huslig Heter. Since I was also going to be pumping when I went back to work, having somewhere to set up my pump and sit down was also important! Enjoy your nursery designing and please do send in some pictures of the finished rooms! I knew they would come in super handy for organizing all the different items I wanted to store in her dresser. We thought this would be perfect for a nursery, where you could sit and read stories and even use as a changing surface if you don’t have a dedicated changing table. Kitty Lascurain is a journalist with over a decade of experience writing about parenting, travel, and interior design. an IKEA Sniglar crib painted bright - add a touch of sunny color to your nursery with such a crib. To bring in that updated and modern look and feel, I swapped out the standard knobs with these gold drawer pulls. The Ikea Raskog trolley is a really useful product and Wendy Coreen has … Please know that I only recommend products that I have personally used and love. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. This great little under-crib storage hack from Ikeahackers is ideal. DIY Crib Sheet: Using your fave fabric from their “by the yard” section, you can make the linen set of your dreams, without sacrificing your vision. Whether you’re decorating on a budget or just love a good DIY, these stylish and affordable Ikea hacks for nurseries and kids’ rooms are guaranteed to please. These MOSSLANDA picture ledges in white were the perfect addition to her decor. It’s so much fun designing and making your perfect nursery and these hacks make it that little bit simpler too! I’ve always been a big fan of Ikea, and since we were finally going to be living only about two hours away from one (we moved when I was 6 months pregnant), I knew I wanted to get several of their items for the nursery. See our Privacy Policy for more info. We needed at least one more storage option and another surface to set up a few items on, so we chose the KALLAX shelving unit with four cubes. This great Ikea nursery hack from Liefs.Joyce on Instagram uses the Bekvam spice rack as nursery shelving and wardrobe all in one. No more digging through a messy pile of clothes to get to the very back of the drawer. Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. It’s a bench seating hack from Ish and Chi that makes use of Ikea Besta and Alex units and some specially made seat cushions. Learn how to repurpose Ikea Malma mirrors as $2 picture frames! 7 Newborn Must-Haves You Can’t Live Without, these small, natural colored shelving units, glider rocker that my mother had purchased for her room, 9 Things I Wish I Knew as a First Time Mom, 5 Holiday Cocktails to Impress Your Guests. Want to make it customize it? VITVAL Loft Bed Frame with Desk Top. I was planning on breastfeeding and would be spending a lot of time in the glider rocker that my mother had purchased for her room. I picked out a shade of light pink spray paint from my local hardware store and had my husband paint all the pieces before putting it together. Think that’s unbelievable? They have used the super-comfortable Ikea Strandmon armchair and added some rockers to the bottom of the legs. Sure, you can lose a whole day in that place, and furniture assembly is challenging, but when it comes to getting high-style for low cost, it’s pretty darn hard to beat. The Ikea Bekvam spice rack has many uses and you sometimes wonder if Ikea design some of their products with Ikea hacking in mind. With a little bit of creativity and upgrades, I was able to incorporate the following six Ikea hacks to turn her bedroom into a modern baby nursery that we love! I wanted to have something set up next to me on which I could set down bottles, bibs, pacis, etc. This great hack from Vintage Revivals uses the basic Ikea Gulliver cot and adds some timber to create the ‘house’ frame around it. By using The Spruce, you accept our, 21 Best IKEA Storage Hacks for Small Bedrooms, DIY Shelves for Nurseries and Kids' Rooms, 15 IKEA Hack Ideas for Your Small Entryway, DIY Chalkboard Paint Ideas for Nurseries & Kids' Rooms, 12 Amazing IKEA KURA Bed Hacks for Toddlers, Baby Relax Mikayla Swivel Gliding Recliner Review, 10 of the Best Instagram Accounts for Nursery Inspiration, 13 Easy IKEA Hacks You Can DIY in a Weekend (or Less), The Nordic Nursery: Kid Rooms With Scandinavian Style.