This will now be my go-to creamed spinach recipe. YUMMM. It is very important to drain and squeeze cooked spinach so it's very creaming when mixed with sauce or sauce is too liquidy. However, the flavor was terrible. Squeezing the water out of the spinach is very similar to squeezing water out of tuna. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/fresh-creamed-spinach-with-cream-cheese

Season with salt and pepper and serve hot. The second time I sauteed the onion & garlic in butter, precooked & drained the spinach and added it to the pot and added about 1/4 cup 1/2 & 1/2, a heaping tablespoon of reduced fat cream cheese and about 1/4 cup parmesan and a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg and it was to die for. I used 1c heavy cream 1/4c half n half. It will thicken, add in your cream cheese, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. I didn't have provolone on hand (Hubs detests it with a passion) but I did have a good Italian Fontina. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.

There was no need to add more onions or garlic -- that was fine. You likely wash your hands several times a day, but are you doing so effectively?

I did make a few slight modifications just based on preference. Add nutmeg; season with salt and pepper. TASTE

It made quite a nice dish and thickened as it cooled. Amount is based on available nutrient data. It turned out excellent. We love this recipe; but we are following the keto way of eating and I cannot find the nutritional information. Tossed in the spinach, let it cook down then added 4 tbl of cream cheese and a splash of heavy whipping cream. It is fabulous as is as well so you can't go wrong with this one. I made the recipe exactly as instructed, and I believed it turned out how it should have. Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. LOL. There are so many delicious ways to use this hard-shell squash, from soups and salads to lasagna and pizza. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. I used a box of frozen spinach, squeezed. I made this recipe as written. I make mine ahead of time and reheat in a ceramic dish in the oven on about 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. We absolutely love it and I always have to double it as nothing is leftover. WHAT TO DO This is the easiest and best tasting cream spinach recipe I have found. WHY? I used about 9oz cheddar and parm combined. I happened to have some roasted garlic cloves and I also used frozen spinach. Of course I had high hopes for this and thought it would be delicious or I wouldn't have tried it...but I was let down.