He will initially offer only vague musing and cryptic remarks, but after crossing paths with him three times he will reveal that he is the leader of a group of pioneers dedicated to exploring the fragmented remains of the legendary Abyss.

Add onto the fact that there's no way to view your actual inputs ( ex.

Castle. She also bears some similarities to the Penetrator from, Tragically, she had a Human Effigy on her earlier on, but she gives it to you instead, and she makes it clear she has no idea what it is for.

Dragon Perched on Castle. A forgetful old man who's fascinated by an engraved map of Drangleic deep in a mansion in Majula. Doesn't mean Boyd won't stop trying, though. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

The decapitated head of the warrior Vengarl of Forossa, presumably kept alive despite his separation from his body by virtue of being Undead. The daughter of Blacksmith Lenigrast. However, if they side with him instead of Creighton, Pate will give the player a key and promise them treasure, but then conveniently fails to mention that one of the chests in the room is booby-trapped. Or 5 times to the left from the centerif the instructions say '5 Left'.

He's not allowed to do anything until he can greet you with his "Warcry", which can result in hilarious instances where he's gesturing at you just as an enemy is about to hit him.

An unusually pious sorceress geared with a Staff of Amana and a Priest's Chime as her spell catalysts, whose curious choice in garb gives her a rather saintly appearance for a wandering pilgrim.

Makes sense that it takes being shoved into a coffin to change her back to male then, because that's about what it'd take to want to.

NPCs are non-playable Characters in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. A crestfallen Undead warrior who rests at the Black Monument, Saulden is a member of the Way of Blue and offers the player membership. with sinister ulterior motives. The only difference is that some armor in the third DLC can give your character a ring of the evil eye effect if you're female for some reason. Wtf, Why do so many NPCs have such a weird walking animation? A fearless knight proficient in the use of a Zweïhander and Varangian Shield, protected by armor worn enough to suggest countless years of experience under his belt. that hurt a little bit, i’m not gonna lie.

Flooded Cave.

Ghost NPC's provide the same functions they do as when they're alive.

There was once a fourth who resided with them, but she apparently left them for the outside world to instigate more Undead to journey to Drangleic.

He can be summoned for the fight against Mytha, the Baneful Queen, and appears once more in the Crown of the Sunken King DLC. That means that Pate was right about Creighton, and that canonically, Pate died at Creighton's hand. Only this time... An abysmal aberration of an archer clearly out of his depth, donning the Wanderer's Set minus the hood and dependent on his Composite Bow and Small Leather Shield to keep him alive.

but then after a brief area you enter a stump hut full of cryptic grandmas who laugh at you and own you in general (grandmacore as shit) and after you enter your name one of them hands you a human effigy and tells you to look closely - it’s you, how you’re supposed to be. When I finally noticed, I was pretty far into the game and the only thing I thought was that it didn't matter what my gender was, I had come this far and gone through so much.

Although I always felt the intro character could pass as androgynous because every piece of clothing obscures, however this is a downright fucking awesome way of interpreting it. A somewhat shady priestess who serves as the game's miracle trainer. You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. He's not allowed to fight back until he does his introductory "This One's Me!" but eventually succumbs to despair and insanity without the player's intervention.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest.

He can be summoned for the fight against the Duke's Dear Freja, and again for the Looking Glass Knight in the Scholar of the First Sin edition. What do I do after the Throne Watcher and Throne Defender? © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. The Blue Sentinels have a sacred and heroic mission, so it is not unsurprising that even the altruistic Targray has let the honor get to his head a bit. Please also note that there are unmarked spoilers ahead, so read at your risk.

A mysterious old man in a dark crimson robe. THE BEARER OF THE CURSE... WAS ALSO CURSED WITH THE WRONG BODY... New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Unlike his clansmen, who still harbor a strong hatred for humans, Gavlan cheerfully deals with them.

This page details the secondary characters of Dark Souls II.

© 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY.

Milibeth the Housekeeper. met and managed to touch Navlaan through the barrier. If you light it then come back later, he'll have moved his anvil next to the torch to be nearer to it. So I attack her and killed her without knowing she was a NPC. They look like they soiled themselves and are trying to get to the nearest bathroom.

A somewhat grumpy Undead blacksmith who believes firmly in the value of physical labor.

A trio of retired Fire Keepers who live in seclusion in Things Betwixt. A treasure hunter with a kindly, if cautious attitude. If multiple NPC's are killed, tombstones will appear in order of the NPC's death. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/DarkSoulsIISecondaryCharacters. If you kill an NPC, a tombstone will appear at their original location. I dont like cleaning and cooking so I prefer being a man. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from thestaff@tvtropes.org. Creighton appears as an invading Finger of Rosaria in the third game, and according to his armor set was outed as a serial killer. Where do you need to go after beating the boss Executioner's Chariot.

Not exactly 10/10 beautiful, but the title does say 'decent-looking'~

Below is a list of all NPCs in Dark Souls II and their functions.

If you are using AdBlock, please consider clicking the ABP icon and disabling it for this site.

Milfanito. A strange cat living in a ruined house near the entrance to The Pit. A follower of Nahr Alma, the God of Blood. And if most or all of the unlockable merchants have moved into Majula, he'll also thank the Bearer of the Curse for making the place more lively and for boosting his morale. Things Betwixt A trio of retired Fire Keepers who live in seclusion in Things Betwixt. Maybe Schmidt was showing signs of acute Hollowing long before he decided to get himself to The Rotten, and even if he wasn't, it's equally likely that he will by the time he suffers his Nth death. When a person has something important they want to protect, that is when they can become truly strong.

Once a loyal knight to Gwyn, Lord of Sunlight, Knight Artorias fell to … need help making a pure Pyromancer on this system, Starting your Journey: Tips for Beginners.

CU offers 5 ways to follow us so your news feed will never lack new art and inspiration.

On the other hand, he seems to really like fire.

It seems that Gilligan died doing what he loved or, more likely, succumbed to a single-minded mania as he slowly Hollowed out. so you actually start controlling a character before you go through character creation. card classic compact. When you first meet him, he'll be in a mostly unlit room with an unlit torch on the other side. However, both sorcery and pyromancy bored him, while hexes piqued his interest.

card. Of course, you, being a. He'll stop baiting enemies when he's at half health, prioritizing on surviving while two-handing a shield.

A crow demon not unlike the ones commonly seen in the Painted World of Ariamis from Dark Souls, Weaponsmith Ornifex is initially found locked in a room in the Shaded Woods, but upon being set free, will offer the player boss soul weapons in exchange for certain boss souls. A knightess from the land of Mirrah, Lucatiel came to Drangleic to seek a cure for her curse of Undeath and search for her older brother, Aslatiel. He knows how to manipulate Embers. So all female player characters in Dark Souls 2 are canonically trans women.