Onions, cucumbers, and tomatoes contribute to the party. As the chef slices, small bits of caramelized meat tumble down into the waiting bread. During my many travels to Germany, I always eat a döner. Most vendors use gas vents, some use electric coils, but some old contraptions even use real wood.

If you don’t have a flour sifter, you can just whisk them together. The entire spit rotates vertically near an open grill. Mmmm...... Great memories, LOL! Layers of meat are marinated with garlic, rosemary, oregano, other herbs and spices, and then skewered onto a long spit. http://vertskebap.com/ If you ever get down to Texas, look them up on the UT campus.

Christopher Wanamaker from Arizona on August 09, 2012: I wish we had these sandwiches here in the US. Chicken $5.99 Beef $6.99 Vegeterian $4.99. Best Doner Kebab in Central Florida, Florida: Find 1,168 Tripadvisor traveller reviews of THE BEST Doner Kebab and search by price, location, and more. This whole contraption continues to spin as the chef slices perpendicularly into it. Doner Lahmacun Wrap . Doner Spring Rolls. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Punch down the center of the dough with your fist. Shape the dough into rectangles (or as close as you can get), then cover with plastic wrap and let rise a bit longer. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Create a Hoy Deli Sandwich with your choice of Bread or Wrap, Chicken or Beef, and/or Fresh Veggies and Delicious Sauces. Hotels with Lazy Rivers in Central Florida, Hotels With Entertainment in Central Florida, Romantic Boutique Hotels in Central Florida, Hotels near Universal's Islands of Adventure, Hotels near The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Hotels near Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Gluten Free Restaurants in Central Florida, Vegetarian Restaurants in Central Florida, Best Sukiyaki & Shabu Shabu in Central Florida, Best Korean Fried Chicken in Central Florida, Food Delivery Restaurants in Central Florida, Kid Friendly Restaurants in Central Florida, Late Night Restaurants in Central Florida, Restaurants for Group Dining in Central Florida, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Central Florida, Restaurants near Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, Restaurants near Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, Restaurants near The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, Restaurants near Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala, Restaurants near Marriott's Cypress Harbour Villas, Restaurants near Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando East - UCF Area, Restaurants near Hampton Inn & Suites Clermont, Restaurants near Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown, Restaurants near Happily Ever After Fireworks, Restaurants near The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Restaurants near Universal's Islands of Adventure, Restaurants near Access Line Transportation. Loosely cover the dough with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rest for 20 minutes or until dough has risen half an inch or an inch. One only needs to ask. A fork thrust into the top will stabilise the whole operation. Great fast food! Get Kebab Sandwich delivered from national chains, local favorites, or new neighborhood restaurants, on Grubhub. The meat is often chicken or pork, but lamb, turkey, and even some beef is available.

Other sauces are available as well, supporting different tastes. Zoom in to see updated info. Rarer, but no less important, feta cheese can be crumbled on the top. gmarquardt (author) from Hill Country, Texas on July 18, 2012: There are two students from Germany who recently opened a Döner shop in Austin, TX! However, the best is the traditional doughy pita bread, light and airy on the inside with a wonderful thin, crunchy layer on the outside. Filter and search through restaurants with gift card offerings. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap, and set aside in a warm place for 2 hours (or until dough has doubled in size). Doner Durum Wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes or until frothy.

Start by adding some white sauce on the bottom half, then the meat, then cucumber/cabbage, lettuce, tomato, onion, mint, and feta cheese. Fold over the top edges of the cling film to seal, place the tin in a bain marie of boiling water and cook in the oven at a gentle 150C, until the temperature at the centre is 75C. :) Kind of like a Northern European version of a gyro. Wow, now I'm hungry. Finally, spicy hot pepper flakes are sprinkled over the entire sandwich. Stephanie Das from Miami, US on July 26, 2012: I love these sandwiches!

:). Originally Turkish street vendor fare that found a large, hungry, and young consumer base in Berlin, the sandwich has now pervaded every city and town in Germany.

Pita bread is the norm, but some are store-bought, some are baked fresh right at the store, some are fluffy and light, some are thick and dense, and some are cracker thin. Got it! The bread is as varied as the meats. I would eat them... Theresa Ast from Atlanta, Georgia on August 09, 2012: Sounds absolutely wonderful. Looking at the photographs I could go for one right now - Thanks for a great hub! Doner Chips & Cheese. Stir together with a wooden spoon until combined, then use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.

Loking forward to reading more of your hubs. :-). Chicken $5.99 Beef $6.99 Vegeterian $4.99. I prefer going early in the day, right before they open for lunch.

Every German knows how close their local döner shop is.

Doner … Order online, and get Doner Kebab delivered, fast. Mary Strain from The Shire on July 18, 2012: I can taste it! Seattle, WA 98109 (206) 354-3944 .