My consensus is that fresh watermelon juice usually tastes considerably better since it’s pure melon-y flavor. Slice up your watermelon into chunks, and place it in a good blender or food processor until it’s nice and pureed.

Yum! Strain in a fine-mesh strainer 1-2 times to remove pulp and seeds (to desired smoothness). Can’t wait to make some!

But, normally we spend summers hopping from brewery to distillery so we feel a little out of our element rn). Yum. 179 calories; protein 1g 2% DV; carbohydrates 21.2g 7% DV; dietary fiber 0.7g 3% DV; sugars 17g; fat 0.3g; saturated fatg; cholesterolmg; vitamin a iu 880IU 18% DV; vitamin c 21.4mg 36% DV; folate 7.6mcg 2% DV; calcium 17.3mg 2% DV; iron 0.6mg 3% DV; magnesium 18.4mg 7% DV; potassium 207.3mg 6% DV; sodium 8.2mg; thiamin 0.1mg 6% DV; added sugar 7g. Served on the rocks for the perfect summer cocktail. You may not even need the simple syrup if your melon is sweet enough .

(Marc actually whipped it up for Mother’s Day this year, so shout out to him for inspiring this drink)! We start with Seagram’s Extra Dry Gin and then infuse it with a twist of natural watermelon flavor, perfectly complementing our blend of botanical essences. Aside from strawberries, deep red, juicy watermelon may be the absolute best thing in mid-July. Top each with 1 1/2 ounces gin, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/3 cup ginger ale. To make a pitcher cocktail, multiply the ingredients by the number of servings you would like to make. Add the watermelon juice and gin. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Lastly, add the ice and stir until cold, another 15 seconds. Puree the remaining 4 cups watermelon. If we’re being completely honest, I’m craving one at this very moment, but please don’t give me that “it’s 5 o’clock somewhere” spiel, because I turn 25 this week, and I’ve decided that’s too old for mid-week morning cocktails, sorrynotsorry! Enjoy! A refreshing, sweet, and herbaceous cocktail made with fresh watermelon juice, mint, gin, lime, and seltzer. I love how these look AND how delicious they sound. Cool, glad we’re on the same page.

Next, place a couple of mint leaves in a glass along with some lime juice and simple syrup. Place the watermelon in a high-speed blender or food processor, and blend until completely pureed. Muddle until the mint is fragrant, about 15 seconds. Immediately before serving, pour the cocktail over ice, and finish with a splash of seltzer.

While I want to be the kind of person who turns on some smooth jazz, lights herbs on fire, and talks literature while hitting that cocktail shaker with expert precision, my reality is that I can only handle the most simple of cocktails … Garnish with watermelon slices, lime, and mint.

(Not that I haven’t mixed up a cocktail in my day, because we know I have. As I’ve discussed, I have a love-hate relationship with summer, but if there’s one thing that I cannot argue, it’s that summer produce is on point. Nutrition And this cocktail sounds out of this world!

To make the cocktail, pour the simple syrup, lime juice, and 1-2 mint leaves in an 8-12 ounce cocktail glass, and muddle until the mint is fragrant, about 15 seconds.