This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The Ikea Vanity requires that you select a faucet with one hole, so we topped the vanity with the Moen Danika faucet in spot resist brushed nickel to coordinate with the tub/shower. https://www.thriftydecorchick.com/2013/07/ikea-vanity-and-more-powder-room.html. I’d say the star of the show might be this adorable Ikea Hemnes Vanity… I love all the crisp white in here with the white vanity layered on the white painted pine tongue and groove…. Thank you for the I love this idea! Yup. We had to make a few interior modifications to the drawers inside to accommodate for the way this house had been plumbed, but other then that it … Hi Sybil! I love the clean transitional lines of it; it seems to pair perfectly with this Ikea Hemnes Vanity. Wow! Hi Susan! We had this house rented out, and recently sold it, but didn’t notice any kind of damage to the vanity when we were there before we listed the house. Metod cabinets may be also attached to the wall to make a stylish floating vanity. And that stuff around the tub? Add galvanized pipes to Lack shelves and make a large shelving system, IKEA Trones may be painted and attached to the wall. Planning our low budget tiny master bathroom renovation now. Your bathroom looks great by the way. hacks from all over the globe. Could you tell me what color grout you used? . Do you want to refresh your bathroom on a budget? You’re bound to find something to inspire you. Mine has been a very expensive project!

What a difference Krista!

Thank you!

I love both the vanity and the classic white subway tile- we thought of doing something a little fancier with the tile but, in the end, I’m glad we stuck with the basics (it saved a lot of $$ too!). Required fields are marked *. an Ikea Bekvam cart turned into a stylish vanity of stained wood with additional open storage space, an Ikea Bekvam kitchen cart and Tornviken countertop sink turned into a chic rustic vanity with a bowl sink, a kids' color block basin made of an IKEA Oddvar stool is a chic and bold modern idea, an Ikea Hemnes 2-drawer sink cabinet hacked with elegant black handles and a white countertop, an Ikea Silveran vanity hacked with black paints and wood plus brass knobs that match the mirror frame, Ikea Hemnes sink cabinets spruced up with leather pulls are a gorgeous idea for a bathroom, IKEA Metod cabinets painted slate grey and used as a floating bathroom vanity, get a bold bathroom vanity plus a sink of an Ikea Rast 3-drawer chest, a Blanda blank serving bowl, a Dalksar faucet.

They were great helpers for a while (attention spans, you know!). I LOVE this…the room, the style, the color!! Gorgeous vanity choice, too. We use cookies to improve your experience and support our mission. I think we came in under $1500 for the whole thing. My mom researched a ton of options for their 6′ wide bathroom vanity, and ultimately decided that customizing some Ikea kitchen cabinets was a cost effective way to go. Steps for Hemnes black and white vanity makeover: I’m really like the how fresh and airy the Hemnes vanity looks.

Clean, fresh, new, and white-on-white. Ceramic candle dish works as bathroom shelving. XO. Learn how your comment data is processed. IKEA hackers is all about modding, repurposing and customizing IKEA products. This can be done by buying sample paint pots in the varying shades, that’s all you will need. We are wanting to get this for a duplex we purchased and wonder about durablity once we start renting it out. Ombre Ikea Hemnes Hack _ This is such a simple Ikea Hemnes hack from The Beauty Revival. I absolutely love that Hemnes bathroom cabinet – it is so pretty and the space in it is amazing! Since our … The drywall was completely dry and mold-free; which proves that this was really never used as a shower and just as a tub with a spray-head. Your email address will not be published. We used simple brushed nickel accessories to coordinate with our Moen faucet and shower head. Stain, repaint, add a chic countertop, make a cutout in the stool to accommodate a sink. Install the modern faucet. I love this renovation–and for less than $1,500 is amazing! Usually if we take bathrooms, these are vanities, sink cabinets, shelves and stuff like that. Oh, that’s just wallpaper. IKEA Bathroom Furniture Hacks. Very impressive! The vanity light is from the Archie collection from Home Depot Canada, and the vanity is the 42″ white Hemnes vanity from Ikea. We actually didn’t – and we also didn’t get a new tub. We have 5,000 (+ counting!) Housie * Blogger * DIYer * Decorator * Crafter * Organizer * Mom * Wife * Teacher * #seasonalsimplicity, I may link up at some of these fabulous places below, for more info check out, « 20 Incredible Small Pantry Organization Ideas and Makeovers. They pretty much MAKE the whole bathroom…. They have just painted the three rows of drawers in subtly different shades of pink to create an ombre effect. If you need a bathroom vanity, you can make it of IKEA items – IKEA Kallax units, Bekvam carts, Hemnes sink cabinets or even Silveran ones. See the tutorial I shared on my blog (and more photos) here.

Ikea’s First Useful Children’s Step-stool! And you’re good to go. Install handles. All the white elements help in that regard too. If so, you may have seen that the first thing my boys did when we arrived as brand new owners was start ripping down that wallpaper…. I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation myself, so I am extremely impressed by how cheaply you were able to do this. If you need a bathroom vanity, you can make it of IKEA items – IKEA Kallax units, Bekvam carts, Hemnes sink cabinets or even Silveran ones. 2. PRESS ESC TO CANCEL, © 2008 - 2020 DigsDigs. I found a cool modern black handle in 6.25″ wide and used the original holes for the outer edges of the pulls. How to hack these items? Pluggis system and Knagglig boxes can be attached to the walls or hooks to hold small stuff. I can just look at the photos of yours for now. What a transformation!!!

I have heard of people re-glazing their tubs, I wonder if that might be a less expensive alternative for you? Use a leveler to get them right. Hi Lynn, We used a medium grey grout- I am not sure if we have any left (for the exact colour name), but I can take a look! How to hack these items? I just found this post as I am searching for reviews of this sink/ vanity combo. How do you feel about it at this point? Replacing the tub is definitely where we saved money – it would have involved hiring a plumber and that adds a lot of cost right there. Various holders and rails can be spray painted with some chic metallic paint to hold your towels and some other stuff. It adds a ton of character and has a fresh, beachy vibe to the tiny room.

But, of course, we didn’t want to spend a lot of money on this project.

When we purchased this home, we knew that the bathroom was going to need a complete refresh. We have a small bathroom that we want refresh this year and you’ve got me thinking about that vanity and the white subway tiles. It is difficult to see in these pictures, but all the walls have the same planked texture as you see on the walls directly beside the door. Also, I wasn’t into any of the faucets IKEA had so I ordered a modern black one in a bar/prep sink style. Thanks! We ripped off all the old wallpaper and the drywall as well to make sure there was nothing rotting – and miraculously, there wasn’t! We put up new cement board and tiled the whole surround (I will share some more specific details on that soon). We ended up not removing all of it because we decided to panel the bathroom in tongue and groove pine paneling and paint it all out bright white. We couldn’ t find the one we liked at the local hardware stores and online, so I searched IKEA Hackers for an idea and sure enough found a vanity made out of HEMNES Dresser! All Rights Reserved. The IKEA Hemnes was the right size and close to the right look, but the black round handles look like cartoon super wide-set bug eyes. I love how the countertop and sink are all one piece – it makes for easy cleanup. No bathroom can do without storage units, so you may go for Kallax shelving units, IKEA Lack shelves, IKEA Trones, Fintorp caddies and other pieces to store. 1. Mom & Dad cut Ikea kitchen bases back 2 1/8″ to make them vanity depth and still be able to accommodate the full Ikea … And I think that this Thrifty Bathroom Makeover with an Ikea Hemnes Vanity fit the bill perfectly. I collaborated with Moen and D.Lawless Hardware on aspects of this renovation but all opinions are 100% my own. Need some furniture? I love this Ikea Hemnes Vanity – I wish I had this in my house! You can easily make a vanity hacking an IKEA Bekvam cart, a Hemnes sink cabinet, a Silveran vanity or Rast drawer unit. Feb 9, 2013 - Materials: HEMNES 3 Drawer Dresser Description: My husband and I needed a vanity with storage for our master bath remodel. I CANNOT GET THE DRAWERS IN CORRECT, THEY ARE CROOKED, Good design. What a great transformation. Good luck with your project!! We replaced the flooring and vanity, tiled the shower/tub surround, replaced the window, switched out the toilet, added a new light fixture and mirror, and panelled the whole thing in pine tongue-and-groove. I just put similar subway tiles on my shower walls. On each drawer, drill a second hole (according to the length of the pull handles) towards the center of the drawer.

I may link up at some of these fabulous places below, for more info check out housie parties:  Monday Funday , Inspiration Monday, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Project Inspire{d} , Inspire Me Tuesday, The Scoop, Hit Me With Your Best Shot,  Wow Me Wednesday, Whimsy Wednesday ,  From Dream to Reality, The Inspiration Exchange, Wow Us Wednesday, Live Laugh Rowe Live Laugh Linky, Thursdays Are Your Days, Inspire Me Please, Catch as Catch Can, Fabulously Creative Friday, Party Junk,  Pinworthy Projects , Link Party Palooza,, Weekend Bloggy Reading, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Spotlight Saturday, Suburbs Mama , That DIY Party. Hi Julia! We may do a larger scale reno before we sell it and that would be a great time to do that! Learn how your comment data is processed. We notched out the drawers to fit the plumbing…. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. We were able to install the rest of the faucets and toilet ourselves so avoided that additional cost. PS this isn’t my website. The tub/shower was quite a sore spot. Metod cabinets may be also attached to the wall to make a stylish floating vanity. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. IKEA items used: IKEA Hemnes 2-drawer sink cabinet in 31.5″ or 31-3/8″ I wanted a modern vanity/sink look in our bathroom and was not impressed by my options at the home improvement store or online. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. But how fabulous are these huge drawers for bathroom storage?? I love all of the choices you made in this space! Since the bathroom is quite small I wanted to make it feel fresh and bright – and I thought that going all white was a great way to accomplish that task. In fact, the whole bathroom might feel better with a different arrangement! IKEA is perhaps the most popular furniture in the world but it’s rather plain and neutral, so many homeowners decide to hack it. But you want your bathroom to be a fresh, clean space, right? christy @ Confessions of a Serial Do-it-Yourselfer says, Wow what a fantastic update, Krista!