(This is not an exact duplicate of Jamie’s recipe as I was working from memory – but it was delicious nonetheless). Add another layer using the rest of the rice.

In another pan, add the biryani masala, remaining chili powder and stir through for 1 min. 4. This leftover lamb biryani is a great way to spice up some leftover lamb and make a hearty leftovers meal. Soak rice in a large bowl of cold water for 15min. Granted 5.0 stars based on 1 user evaluation. Drain the rice in the sieve and rinse with cold water. Serve with fresh coriander and yogurt, if desired. The ‘mothership’ star of today’s recipe is leg of lamb. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4 and cook the biryani for 30 mins until piping hot. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Add the olive oil to a large frying pan and gently cook the garlic, ginger, onions and chilli until soft and divide between two large pans.

Cover the dish with foil.

Rinse rice in a sieve until the water runs clear.

To do this, you will need two separate saucepans - one to cook the spinach, and the other to make the lamb. Asian twist! Do not skip this step! followed by all the meat, then the rest of the rice. Serve with the gravy poured over the top, sprinkle with some chopped cilantro leaves and a side of yoghurt or raita. But I have tweaked it over the years and also had a little input from some Indian friends on the best way to cook basmati rice for a biryani that I put into practice here. Plus its full of goodness so I'm always looking for excuses to use it in my cooking. Add the flour and stir through, then cook for 2 mins to cook out the rawness.

Then he advises on how to cook up stunnign dishes with whatever’s leftover. Grease a large baking/lasagna dish and spread out half the rice in the bottom of the dish.

If you have the bone from a leftover roast lamb, you can easily make up a lamb stock to use in this biryani.

1 tbsp ghee, sunflower oil or unsalted butter.

If you don't have the time or inclination to make your own stock, that's fine. Season with salt & pepper and set aside. Cookies helps us in creating a better service. Serve with fresh coriander and yogurt, if desired. 2 onions, diced. Sprinkle over the flaked almonds, cover with tin foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Place rice in a bowl, cover with 3 cups of water and soak for 30 minutes. 2. In the other saucepan, you cook the spices, flour and mango chutney together with the lamb and stock until you have a nice thick sauce.

The post Jamie Oliver-inspired Leftover Lamb Biryani appeared first on Reluctant Housedad's Recipe Shed. Next add the mango chutney and vinegar and mix well. Next we strain this sauce to separate the lamb and gravy (make sure you do this over a bowl to save the gravy). Continuing to browse the website, you agree to our, Pinwheel Chicken with San Daniele Ham and Spaghetti with Grana Padano Cream, Lamb Cutlets with Grana Padano and Herb Crust, Italian Chicken Scallopini with San Daniele Ham, Blackberry and Apple Tarts with Ribena-Plus, Higgidy Chilli Beef Pie with Black Treacle, Wild Rabbit Confit with 30 Cloves of Garlic and Rosemary, Lamb and Chickpea Balls with Watercress and Radish Salad, Chocolate and Salted Caramel Profiteroles, Rabbit with Mustard , Leek and Wild Garlic Sauce. You then strain it again before you cook it.

I guess it is very healthy as it has spinach and it tasted yummy too.

My Masterchef obsessed cutie pie is crying because her favourite Tati’s team lost the challenge today, My mini Masterchef Australia fan ‍ and she loves Matt, Gary , George and Tati @. A shop bought stock or even a stock cube will work fine. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over medium heat; fry the cloves, cardamom pods, and cinnamon sticks in the hot oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. My food shopping bills have gone through the roof lately, as I’m sure yours have, too. Love Leftovers? Add extra water if it starts to dry. All what you will find here is completely free. Add the lamb to the pan and simmer for around 20 minutes until you have a nice thick sauce. Meanwhile in the other pan, add the curry powder, chili flakes and flour, and stir to combine. Heat the gravy on the hob. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.

Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4 and cook the biryani for 30 mins until piping hot. Then strain it through a sieve and run it under cold water to stop it from cooking further. 3. Your email address will not be published.

Jamie Oliver-inspired Leftover Lamb Biryani. Sprinkle the top with almond flakes, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Come share in the cooking fun as I search for recipes for easy family dinners, lunch box fillers, baking, cookies, cakes and more. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 mins, until the sauce has reduced slightly.

It is very important to help prevent soggy rice. Bring 2 liters of water to the boil in a large saucepan. In fact, for a couple of recipes I tried this week, I bought a half shoulder of pork for the sole intention of making both.

with a South I actually usually use my homemade chicken bone broth for this recipe.

Now remove the foil from the dish and continue to cook for a further 20 minutes. Hi I'm Marianne and I'm a Mama who Loves to Cook! Then put it in a bowl with water and soak it for 30 minutes.

Add the curry powder and stir through for 1 min.

Grease a baking/lasagna dish and spread half the rice over the bottom of the dish. Bring to the boil and cook for 20 mins, until the sauce has reduced slightly. This leftover lamb biryani recipe is a great way to spice up some leftover roast lamb and make a hearty family meal.

Serve … Looking for more leftover lamb recipes? Firstly, chop the onions, garlic and ginger and divide this mixture between the two saucepans.

This is the rice traditionally used for Indian dishes and it is perfect for biryani as because the grains tend to stay separate when it cooks, making it less sticky.

But if you have them - then be sure to toss them in to the pot. You may also like this: Leftover Lamb Ragu. 2 tbsp golden caster sugar.

This leftover lamb curry is inspired by the Jamie Oliver leftover lamb biryani from his TV series Jamie's Money Saving Meals. This helps remove starch from the rice to stop it sticking together. Increase the heat and gradually add the chicken stock. So I’m on a mission to save a few quid by making meals stretch further. Remember that the rice will continue to cook when you put the dish in the oven, so it only needs to be 70% cooked before then.

Then spread it out on a large plate and set aside for later.

Put the frozen peas in a bowl and pour boiling water over them to defrost them. After 20 minutes, remove the foil and continue to cook for a further 20 minutes. Finely chop the onion, garlic and ginger and mix together. Reserve the gravy for step 8. Read More…, Copyright © 2020 Mama Loves to Cook on the Brunch Pro Theme.

My food shopping bills have gone through the roof lately, as I’m sure yours have, too. It does take some time to put all the different elements together but it is well worth the effort. Two tablespoons of salt, 1 table spoon of chilli powder and splash of water and cook for 10 minutes stirring regularly until it is dark.

The post Jamie Oliver-inspired Leftover Lamb Biryani appeared first on Reluctant Housedad's Recipe Shed. Add half the onion/garlic/ginger mixture to each pan.

To this end, a friend lent me Jamie Oliver’s new and quite magnificent book ‘Money Saving Meals’ (well, it was (...). But I do need inspiration to make it more exciting – which is where Jamie’s book comes in. This won’t even taste like a leftovers meal. Step 5 – Add the stock, and allow to heat until just boiling.Turn down the heat until the liquid is simmering, cover with the lid and put the dish in the oven.. During the last 10 minutes of cooking time, re-heat the gravy in a saucepan. Firstly, you need to rinse and soak the rice before you cook. When cooking rice for biryani, the main thing you want to avoid is ending up with stodgy, mushy rice. This is by no means essential and don't stress if you don't have these spices in your store cupboard.

Now, I’m already on board with that philosophy and regularly use or freeze leftover meat from the Sunday roast.

Stir to combine. This leftover lamb curry is inspired by the Jamie Oliver leftover lamb biryani from his TV series Jamie's Money Saving Meals.. You will find a lot of the flavor for the sauce comes from the spices and the lamb itself anyway. 125ml natural yogurt. 6. Season with salt & pepper and set aside.

Your email address will not be published.

So I’m on a mission to save a few quid by making meals stretch further.

For the marinade: 5 large garlic cloves, crushed. Spread out all the spinach on top of the rice. Place the drained rice onto a large plate and fluff the rice.

This leftover lamb curry is baked in the oven topped with cooked rice, ghee and almonds and loaded with flavour, its one of my favourite leftover lamb recipes.

Add the rest of the rice as the final layer on top.

In one, add frozen spinach.

Now slowly stir in the stock, stirring continuously, scraping up any bits that might be stuck on the bottom.