Last Updated Feb 2020 – A Kasumi chef knife is a wonderfully crafted work of art.

Don’t blindly rush into buying this.

The Kasumi Japanese Chefs Knife is a traditionally made knife, crafted in the city where Damascus knives were first made in the 13th century. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website.

Have also cleaned tough-skinned shark and triggerfish.

I have been using a 10" knife I bought on sale at Mervyns about 8 years ago, for $12.00 and it works beautifully, but I have always wondered about the famous Kasumi, so, I finally broke down and bought one. Welcome to new version of MyGoodKnife.

The average length of chef’s knives is 8 inches, … Honestly, it’s tough to make a recommendation about Kasumi (brand) knives either way.

Seriously though, had a Wüstof Classic 8" Chef's Knife, but it doesn't even compare to this KASUMI. The choice seems limitless, but then it hits you.

The Kasumi 88020-8-inch Chef’s Knife checks all the boxes when it comes to quality cook’s knives. Companies can't alter or remove reviews from ProductReview.com.au. Zhen Knives Review: Affordable, Beautiful Japanese Knives, Mercer Knives Review - The Best Inexpensive Knives…, Shun Sora Knives Review: How To Get Shun Knives, Cheap, Global Knives Review: Are These Classic Japanese…, Tojiro Knives Review – The Best Introductory…, Cuisinart Knives Review: The Top Four Knives by…. The first thing you’ll notice when checking this knife is the Damascus pattern on the side. We hear you. If you’re looking for an extra long chef’s knife for one reason or the other, this is a solid option to consider. The handle, again, is ergonomically-designed for a firm and comfortable grip through an asymmetrical, full-tang design reached through a well-thought construction composed of multiple layers of wood impregnated with a plastic resin, giving you the experience you’ve always wanted in your kitchen. Instead, do some research and look at both the prices on the individual knives and the prices of full knife sets from competing brands. But Sumikama company have done it. If you’re actually looking for an extra-long chef’s knife, you’ll probably want to give this blade some strong consideration. Instead of distinctive Damascus styling, the sides of the blade are smooth and even, showcasing a subtle wave-like pattern of lighter metal near the cutting edge.

I always favored a razor-sharp knife for filleting fishes.

If you want a paring knife in addition to an incredibly long chef's knife for you big cutting board, this set is a good option.

Reviewed in the United States on August 30, 2014. If you’re trying to save money with a Kasumi knife set, you might wind up unhappy. As far as the differences go, the Kasumi cook’s knife is longer in both the 8-inch and 10-inch versions, it also has a slight curve, which is characteristic of this knife type, and it’s suitable for heavy-duty, bulk cutting tasks thanks to the rocking motion used to operate them, which leave more delicate tasks to the Kasumi Santoku knife. Now kitchen knives (50% of domestic share), pocket knives are produced in this area and exported to Europe and the US. The Kasumi paring knife serves as a perfect companion for all kinds of thorough, delicate cutting tasks, which means that it’ll break you free of your Santoku or chef’s knife. Now that you’ve seen our top 5 recommendations, we’ll give you more detail on each of them, including why we liked them.

Write a review on ProductReview.com.au! This knife (and many Kasumi-style knives) is pretty different from a Damascus VG-10 in one important way: it’s not particularly stain resistant.

We started cooperation with UPS shipping company. As always, we recommend you keep your knives sharp with an electric knife sharpener, as well as safely kept in either a knife block or on a magnetic knife strip held safely in your kitchen pantry or kitchen island.