521, This story has been shared 508 times. Get news & recommendations for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO, and more, in your inbox. The war to save Reality starts now. "I shot for five months, and it was the most incredible experience…ever, maybe," she said.

June 21, 2019 1:00 pm Maridelis Morales Rosado for W Magazine. ", As with any property with a foot in the Marvel universe, further details are still under wraps, but rest assured that Tsai—who, as it happens, has also illustrated the cover of a Marvel comic book—had the time of her life diving into her first acting role. This video is unavailable. She then goes in to detail and finishes with bright vibrant colors that are sure to stick out on the first issue. Amazing Fantasy #15 (Spider-Man's First Appearance), Tales of Suspense #39 (Iron Man's First Appearance), Incredible Hulk #181 (Wolverine's First Appearance), Cover artist images created under the name: "Lauren Tsai", https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Lauren_Tsai?oldid=5636658. "I had never considered going to L.A. before, because I didn’t think it was going to happen for me," Tsai explained. Can’t-miss news and updates from across the Marvel Universe! 325, This story has been shared 322 times. What We Know So Far, Yes, Dudley Dursley Is in 'The Queen's Gambit', 'The Queen's Gambit' Cast Guide: Who's Who in Netflix's Chess Drama, 'Dash & Lily' Soundtrack: Here's the Full List of Every Song, Best on Netflix: The Top 11 Romantic TV Dramas, 'Dash & Lily' Explodes The Myth of Love at First Sight, How 'Dash & Lily' Snagged the Morgan Library, NYC's Spectacular, Little-Filmed Museum. Tsai shared a picture of the cover via Instagram to her fans voicing her excitement for its release. But that's not so for Lauren Tsai, the breakout star of Terrace House: Aloha State. Lauren Tsai photographed by Maridelis Morales Rosado for W Magazine. Lauren Tsai on LEGION and creating cover art for Marvel Comics @ SDCC 2019 Lauren Tsai talks joining the cast of LEGION, how she got her start illustrating covers for Marvel comics, and more at SDCC 2019! Spoiler alert! Lauren Tsai, who made her television debut on the Japanese-language reality show titled Terrace House: Aloha State, joins cast on Legion season 3 as a new mutant named Switch. 508, This story has been shared 385 times. 322. The silhouette also gets a potential release date. Lauren Tsai talks joining the cast of LEGION, how she got her start illustrating covers for Marvel comics, and more at SDCC 2019! 829.6k Followers, 500 Following, 1,051 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Lauren Tsai (@laurentsai) Join the fight and take on Galactus to save all of Reality. Get rewarded for doing what you already do as a fan.​, Earn points for what you already do as a Marvel fan and redeem for cool rewards as a, (Points/Rewards program available to U.S. residents only. Watch her draw the cover above and pick up a copy of the comic online on August 22. The X-Men face the Arakkii in 'Marauders,' 'Excalibur,' and 'Wolverine'! All Rights Reserved. The second is she can create doors in reality, fall through them, and enter a hallway that allows her to access different points in the past, on her own timeline. Watch Lauren Tsai Draw Her First Marvel Comic Cover, Keep Yourself Busy in Quarantine With Lauren Tsai's 'Memories of The Forest' Puzzle, Marvel Shares Chadwick Boseman Tribute Video, Lauren Tsai of 'Terrace House' Is Shiseido's Newest Ambassador, Pharrell x adidas Originals Debut New Hu NMD in Pink & Cream, MAC Is Giving Away Free Lipstick This Weekend, Céline Launches an Exclusive Vancouver Pop-Up With Nordstrom, A Closer Look at the adidas YEEZY BOOST 700 V2 "Static", Converse Colorblocks Its Chuck '70 in Dreamy Pastels, 5 Women-Led Sex Toy Startups Making a Mark on the Tech Industry. Marvel Entertainment has announced that Lauren Tsai will be joining the cast of Legion Season 3. 559, This story has been shared 521 times. We appreciate your support in allowing HYPEBEAST ads, where we can share contents from the latest fashion, to those culturally relevant. I felt like I was on 500 Red Bulls for the entire day. Switch changes time repeatedly to save him, though it’s unclear why she’s all in on the cult leader/mutant. Complete your Marvel Studios’ Avengers collection On Digital now! And now issue #1 will have a vibrant variant cover by Terrace House star, artist Lauren Tsai! This, at least, is very different from David, whose fury towards Farouk having stolen his body nearly since birth couldn’t be contained, and nearly led to the destruction of the entire world in Season 2. Warhammer 40,000: Marneus Calgar (2020) #2, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. There’s a catch with the second ability, which is that the further back she goes, the more likely she is to release a “demon” we only get to see a glimpse of in the premiere.

1,068, This story has been shared 959 times. Watch Queue Queue I got to cry and scream and run and sing. New Faces: Lauren Tsai, a Reality Star Turned Marvel Superhero. A young girl with omnipresent headphones and tape deck, she’s a time traveler with at least two distinct abilities. 385, This story has been shared 380 times. "I got to do so many things I was afraid of doing in real life. The unstoppable Lauren Tsai has another Marvel hit! Tsai will play Switch, a young mutant whose secret ability serves as the key to executing David Haller’s plan. Unfortunately for both of them, Division 3 – a collection of David’s former allies, and shadowy government operatives — finds them at the same time, killing David.

Take a look at the full cover below: CAPTAIN MARVEL #1, written by Kelly Thompson with art by Carmen Carnero, a cover by Amanda Conner, and a variant cover by Lauren Tsai, is on sale now online and at your local comic shop! November 12, 2020! Two weeks later, she booked the part and was off to L.A. To try to explain the intricacies of Legion, a brainy X-Men-adjacent series starring Dan Stevens and Aubrey Plaza that tends to err on the side of the absurd, in this space would be a disservice, but allow Tsai to explain her role in her own words: "My character is named Switch, and she’s a time traveller. The retail experience features a number of limited-edition products. See the full rundown of the 22-part X-Men crossover event! Get the inside scoop on everything on the way in the mighty mutant crossover! Spoiler alert! She is best known to Western audiences for her appearance in the Fuji TV and Netflix series Terrace House: Aloha State. What Time Will 'The Mandalorian' Season 2 Episode 2 Come Out on Disney+. New Faces: Lauren Tsai, a Reality Star Turned Marvel Superhero.

Carol Danvers’ life has been rocked to its core! See Captain Marvel's looks shine from the comics to the big screen!

Previously, Tsai created a variant cover for WEST COAST AVENGERS. She’s a young mutant who is trying to figure out how to use her abilities and the ethics of time travel. It was fun. Now, you can buy her variant cover for CAPTAIN MARVEL #1!

Lauren Tsai is an American illustrator, model and actress. Switch in the comics doesn’t just, er, switch genders with his televised version, he also has completely different powers: unlike Legion‘s Switch, the comics version can switch minds with people. The Lore, Legends, and Heroes from Marvel have arrived in Fortnite.

Whatever happens, you won’t have the comics source material to rely on for answers.

Discover guided entry points on Marvel Unlimited today. Be Greater. Stephen Colbert Angrily Smashes A Champagne Bottle On 'The Late Show': "There's Some Crazy S*** Going On! "I knew it would be an adventure, and I know it was something that I wouldn’t necessarily be so comfortable doing. Get the latest news in women's streetwear, fashion and more.

New to comics or want to start reading? Tsai’s physicality is like that of a cat ready to pounce, hunched over the table and cautiously watching Farouk as he paces. Discover the process Marvel Games, Square Enix, and Crystal Dynamics developed when creating the Mightiest Super Hero experience in "Marvel's Avengers," in this behind-the-scenes look from Intel Gaming. Robert Lopez & The Art of Songwriting | Marvel's Storyboards, An Inside Look At Marvel's Avengers | Part 1, Marvel Studios' 'WandaVision': Entertainment Weekly Welcomes You to the Wanda Years, Discover the Inspiration Behind Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Superstar Shoes, How to Read Comics the Marvel Unlimited Way, 'X of Swords': Meet the Swordbearers of Krakoa and Arakko, NYCC Metaverse: Look Into the Future with the Marvel Comics 'X of Swords' Panel.

HYPEBAE® is a registered trademark of 101 Media Lab Ltd, in the U.S. and Hong Kong. Fear the Mad Titan; he'll get you in a snap. Still, the branching out thing has worked up to this point, so she mentioned to her representatives that she might be interested in acting, which eventually led to an audition for Legion. I was so uncomfortable with people recognizing me because I wasn’t comfortable with myself.

If you aren't one of Terrace House's many, many fans, here's the gist: it's a Japanese reality show not unlike The Real World, wherein six strangers live together as cameras follow their every move. ), Unlock the world of Marvel Digital Comics! November 12, 2020! Originally debuting in 2012, the show has since spurred five spin-offs and one theatrical film, and quickly became the most popular reality show in Japan. At the time, she had no sense of what that exposure would mean. How do you reassemble the Avengers? "Growing up, I didn’t see people like me in big movies. 746, This story has been shared 721 times. In addition to creating several variant covers for Marvel Comics, she also portrayed the character Switch on the TV series Legion by FX, which was her first acting role.