Luckily I managed to revive my bricked AC, so hopefully I can sit AX out a few more revisions. Orbi WiFi Systems are designed for a broad range of home and business environments, from apartments and lofts to single-family homes and sprawling estates. My RBR50 appears to have given up after about three years of use. It "feels" faster although I don't know if that's me justifying the purchase or it really is.. Cause I would love to save myself $450 if the AX4200 will suffice. Family of 6. The 5GHZ fronthaul may only be a 2X2 radio vs the 4X4 on the RBK 842/852. I ordered the AX6000 because from the website it says that it can handle over 100 devices. It's nice that early adopters still have the highest performance WIFI 6 Orbi for now, similar to the RBK50/40/20 rollouts. My house has somewhat become some kind of smart over the past two years and with the amount of smart devices has become a task to look at. Been using this for over a week now and performance is good. The main difference is AX4200 is 600 + 1200 + 2400 and the AX6000 is 1200 + 2400 + 2400. Practical differences between AX4200 and AX6000? Your 1 Gbps internet connection will not need the AX6000, because you can accept a 1Gbps link on the AX4200 and you have 2.4Gbps of theoretical backhaul, the same as the AX6000. I have essentially the same setup as mindhead1 except mine is a RBK752 and not even remotely close to saturating the bandwidth or approaching any performance limits.

Input the RBK752 and RBK852 series models in to this site and download the spec sheets for each and compare for youself: Review the connection rates between the two, I believe mostly they are the same accept for the 2.4Ghz radio connection rate which would be different. The AX4200 is on its way tomorrow and I'll check it out and see if it works best for our household. Is it worth the roughly $150 extra for the AX6000? (Considering upgrade from AC3000). If my internet service plan only provides up to 400Mbps, then - am I right to think that I wouldn't gain anything by going with the AX6000 over the AX4200? Even though the theoretical speed of the AX4200 is enough, I have no clue how to actually realize those speeds in the real world. If I cannot repair or replace it cheaply enough I am considering upgrading from AC to AX. unfortuneatelt, no, it was not as stable as the Orbi AC when AX first same out and has been a bit of a roller coaster ride since. I get around 480/23 everywhere with no drops or dead spots anywhere with about 30 devices. Subscribe for Updates.

it happens on both WiFi and Ethernet and my brother in another room on a satelite and he lags when I lag at the same time. Wired speeds are great espeicially with a 2.5Gb supporting CM modem on a 1Gb service. I'm using gigabit coax service for Internet. (... WiFi 6 Access Points and devices are the future of WiFi. I'd say go for AX6000 to get the most out of your gigabit internet. Then the local 5 GHz connection bandwidth available doubles from 1200Mbps to 2400Mbps, and finally the 2400Mbps for the wired backhaul remains the same. I don't use Circle or Armor and have seen many issues with that on Orbi AC. Two additional Ethernet ports on satellite, Increased theoretical maximum data rates (2400+2400+1200 Mbps vs 600+1200+2400 Mbps). Even Orbi AC would work well for you. I and others are seeing a few other problems which we are helping NG out with, NEST controllers. All that will matter is if you have Wifi 6 devices that will need more than 1Gbps of traffic from local sources, such that they would benefit from being able to do up to 2.4Gbps locally and saturate the backhaul. The main difference is AX4200 is 600 + 1200 + 2400 and the AX6000 is 1200 + 2400 + 2400. There are also 2 less antennnas and a slower processor on the AX4200. Basically it's $200 less (although I didn't realize until after the fact it was 6 antennas vs 8 antennas.

If I turn 1 OFF, this doesn't happen or does it happen with Orbi AC with two RBS running. We also have a ton of people living in our house. I have Spectrum 400/20 in about 2700 sq.

FWIW, I had a similar setup with an RBK52 and it had no problems with 30 plus devices. So what I don't know won't hurt me, I guess. So streaming 4K content locally I would probably be better off with the AX6000 for that extra bandwidth? Hopefully this continues..... 2.4GHz (600Mbps†) + 5GHz (1200Mbps†) for WiFi devices to connect to the Internet, 5GHz (2400Mbps†) dedicated WiFi link for faster data connections between Orbi Router and Orbi Satellite, 2.4GHz (1200Mbps†) + 5GHz (2400Mbps†) for WiFi devices to connect to the Internet, WiFi 6 Access Points and devices are the future of WiFi. So far so good.

Speeds - both wired and wireless are working much better than with the old orbi. Wow, thanks for the write-up!

That's a 2.4GHz connection rate of 600Mbps vs 1200Mbps, but you might not be using 2.4GHz anyway, since multiple sources of 5GHz are usually better than one long range, congested 2.4GHz connection. I have the AX4200 (RBK753) with about 30 devices on a 600 mbps Xfiniity connection. This is super helpful - thanks for the details. People are waiting on NG to release Circle for Orbi AX. (Until it broke, obviously.). Talking with a few others in the house we have decided to hard wire the orbis to each other and I guess eliminate the back haul entirely? Still, if the Orbi AX6000 ever goes on sale, I know I'll be tempted. 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. Whether that's overkill for you depends on your typical bandwidth usage.

Correct. The important backhaul speed remains the same at 2400Mbps. 3000 sq ft home, currently with dead spots. Practical differences between AX4200 and AX6000? Re: AX4200 vs AX6000 In addition to the 2.4GHZ difference, the 5GHZ fronthaul band is only 1200Mbps on the RBK 752 AX4200. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one. Only has of last has Orbi AX seem to mature much more.

The Orbi handles it all with no issues. At leaset this gets some in to the AX realm for there needs. Subscribe for Updates. I am a bit reluctant to upgrade since it took many weeks of tinkering work, forum questions and joining beta firmware programs to get my AC setup functioning satisfactorily. Mind a dumb question? I have them set up on opposite sides of the house, different floors about 35 apart. Do you find the AX gear to be as stable and reliable as the AC3000 is now? I have gigabit internet and I’m wondering if the AX6000 is overkill for my needs. Now I can fully run two xbox game consoles online at the same time while getting OPEN NAT. Our house is about 3,000 square feet. Netgear. It sounds like this is a headache I do not need, even though I do not have any NEST components. (Considering upgrade from AC3000) unfortuneatelt, no, it was not as stable as the Orbi AC when AX first same out and has been a bit of a roller coaster ride since. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router. Is the user interface and system functionality (apart from the obvious speed differences) the same between AC and AX systems? Not sure what I am missing out on by not spending the extra $200. I question that cause I am not sure if hard wiring actually eliminates it. Not sure if you play games but it is also noticeable when streaming as well.

There is typically not a lot of simultaneous streaming going on. LOL. One doesn't always have to have the higher performer. After years of tweaking it I am reasonably happy with how the AC3000 has handled it. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Any thoughts on app/web interface and functionality compared to AC3000? Just curious if you had issues with yours. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. I have installed the 4200. Additionally, the AX6000 has support for 2.5Gbps ethernet from the WAN whereas AX4200 maxes at 1Gbps. It looks like I can get RBK752 for about half the price compared to RBK852.

BR500 VPN Currently Experiencing Intermittent Connectivity Issues. Re: Practical differences between AX4200 and AX6000? This topic has been marked solved and closed to new posts due to inactivity. Before I had to go direct into the modem in order to max out, now I'm pretty close to max wired with the orbi connected as the router rather than an AP. The 5GHZ fronthaul may only be a 2X2 radio vs the 4X4 on the RBK 842/852. So, my question is.. The system currently needs to support about 50 devices, of which about half are IoT cameras, speakers, doorbells, lights, etc. Again, tuning seems to be in progress. From the data sheets it looks like the only advantages to AX6000 are: Does the processor speed bump, additional antennas and increased throughput represent any noticeable practical advantages in a scenario that doesn't push the system to the limit? Here is hoping you see this, and I don't have to make a new post.

NG finally fixed the NAT filter bug I found, took about a year to fix it. Its nice to have some flexible products out there that are a bit cheaper. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. The house is less than 200 m2 in two stories. u/mindhead1 curious, I have the same setup and been having "lag" spikes and trying to record the ping with CMD; its pretty consistent from 10-20ms then has jumps 40+ms which is quite noticeable when I play games.