I followed the process above, except that after rubbing with garlic, brush the meat with olive oil. You really can’t go wrong, not matter which cooking method you choose.

My mother was pretty impressed!

Whether you love to grill or pan fry your steaks, both offer great flavor.

Turn or flip it every minute or so. Stir-fried rice noodles with shrimp, pork, and vegetables. For example, you should deep fry cheese sticks and onion rings. A rare steak should be 155 degrees. You need to cook the meat at a. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. However, the health benefits you get from it will depend on the choices you make. ( Log Out /  If it has a lid, be careful. First, buy a good quality steak with lots of marbling. So first, I have to turn on the propane tank under the grill. Just ask the butcher to prepare those for you. Continue to cook for 2-4 more minutes, until the meat is cooked to your preference. If you are grilling thick cuts of meat, you should close the top. What’s the Best Smokeless Indoor BBQ Grill. Ya I don't use a cast iron cause I have an electric glass top stove which would get scratched to hell if I attempted to. Plus, you will have to flip the steak once or twice during pan-frying to get an even cook. Grilling meat not only retains its nutritional value but also makes it plate-ready.

This will preserve their juiciness and maintain the crust. Do this within 40 minutes of grilling. Chances are your first grilling experience will be on a barbecue. Place meat on a hot grill. If you deep fry meat, it will have a crispy golden top and a juicy center. The steak is done..YUM. But ya with the cast iron your safe with medium high because there is much better heat distribution than my non stick. Pan-frying is not favored by health experts. The key is to cook it hot and fast to brown the surface of the steak.

Jim picked out the steaks and he chose New York Strip Steaks at Walmart. Interesting! I have always cooked my steaks on the BBQ but tried them in the frying pan for the first time. My whole family uses cast iron pans on glass top ranges, no scratching problems. i just kick back drink some beers and toke a little while im waiting. If you don’t find these, ask the butcher to cut you fresh steaks. Flat pan pro: nice even crust along the steak = superior flavor vs. cosmetically appealing grill marks, ability to butter baste, 1000x more versatile (can't make pancakes or cornbread or pizza in a grill pan), much easier to season and clean There is only one cooking method i acknowledge..that of course is the grill. Twenty minutes on the counter, before hitting the hot pan will make for better steaks.

Transfer steak to a cutting board, turning it browned side up. Before I start to cook the steaks, I have to prepare them. This is important because a thick steak remains juicy in the center when it is cooking. This includes whole roasts and boney chicken steaks. You can do one of two things.

My fiance told me it was the best i ever made! The spicy granules will add crunch and flavor and a burst of flavor to the steak. Check Out the Best Electric Grills for Pancakes. if i grill it i grill it slow at low heat for a lonnnng time. But first, here are a few tips on steak making that I’ve learned. Deep frying requires a higher temperature compared to the former. Continue flipping the steak till it is done. Unlike pan-frying, you can grill meat outdoors as well as indoors. Oil the meat rather than the grill. First I will heat up the pan so it is hot. I will take the steak and put it directly in the center of the bottom grate.

Add some butter and herbs at the end to make a hot baste. I cooked ours medium-well and it was still tender. I have always cooked my steaks on the BBQ but tried them in the frying pan for the first time. Here is some information that can help. Start off high or medium-high heat and let the pan or grill heat up before adding the meat.

Otherwise, you won’t be able to get a nice char or crust on the meat.

In the end, the frying method you use depends on what you are frying. Then salt and pepper the steak (always coarse sea salt flakes, never fine salt) and then thrown some veg oil in a pan (prefer olive but it's burning point is too low for me when cooking steaks). So this should be interesting….. Well, I think it turned out pretty good…For my first time. It results in low-calorie content. Home » Is It Better To Grill Or Pan Fry Steak? The perfect margarita is all about fresh, crisp flavors, barely tempered by sweet triple sec.

This will create a thin and even crust on the outside.

How many of you cook steaks this way?

But do avoid going a little past well-done, just to be sure there’s no pink. I’m actually really looking forward to it.

Since grilling allows the meat to roast gently, the cooking process preserves its nutritional value. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Good examples are New York strip steak or a boneless rib-eye. Don’t over cook the steak.

Serve steak with buttery pan juices spooned over. It will look pretty impressive once you start carving. Whether you use gas, wood, or charcoal, you will get a different flavor each time. So, I flip it once and let it cook on that side. 1st time doing so and i followed this 100%. I love a good steak! Here are 5. if done right it comes out pretty fucking amazing, it takes a little longer to cook though. When you pan fry your steak, the added fat makes the food brown. This browns the meat on the outside and seals in the juices. It’s not a competition; just a battle of preferences, so to speak. In the hot skillet, I added olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.

Oil the steak, not the pan, with vegetable or groundnut oil (olive oil will burn), and baste with butter towards the end for extra flavour. You might be surprised. So, What’s the Best Electric Grill for Hamburger Lovers, What the Best Electric Grill for My Steak, Breakfast Lover? In fact, with the right grilling technique, you may not need to season much. ( Log Out /  What’s the Best Large Outdoor Electric Grill? Grillmaster’s Choice: What’s the Best Electric Grill with Rotisserie?

Length of time depends on steak, heat applied and doneness required - it's impossible to give you a time. Beef Suya: How to Grill Nigeria’s Famous Street-Food Skewers. Diminutive burritos as they're made in Sononra, Mexico.

Finish the meat by basting it with a large spoon. It dissipates in the open air.