If they were too soft after 30 minutes in the refrigerator you might try chilling them longer or popping them in the freezer to set. Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper; set aside. An easy recipe that will be a holiday staple! I found a similar recipe that didn’t have the brown sugar and instead added about a teaspoon of salt, which brought it closer in taste to a Reese’s peanut butter cup. YUM!! Thanks for the recipe! These things just didn’t happen with the Easter basket.

Keeping both butters close, I poured in the eggs and dropped in a tablespoon of (regular) butter, while continually stirring with a fork. THANK YOU for the recipe, they turned out wonderful!!! My son is allergic to peanuts so I can’t buy the actual Reese’s eggs but I am going to sub soy butter…it’s what we use for a pb replacement, I use it in anything that calls for pb. You had me at peanut butter and chocolate…! I don’t think I’ll ever go back! An easy recipe that will be a holiday staple!

The Best Peanut Butter Eggs Breakfast Recipes on Yummly | Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Egg Muffins, Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Egg Cookies, Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg Turnovers Place on waxed paper-lined. Hi Melinda, It could have to do with not cooking it long enough. They turned out perfectly! So I decided to pour it of the eggs. These are my ALL TIME favourite Easter treats! If you add a big heaping spoon of peanut butter instead of shortening, it adds to the flavor, and produces the same result as the shortening. As a kid, Easter Sunday always fell very closely behind Halloween when it came to raking in the candy loot. Lecithin – which in essence is still a wax but is a professional chocolate makers emulsifier for candy making. Do these have to be kept in the refrigerator?? In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. The eggs wldnt stay on the forks. Bet they are so much better! You can leave them out on the counter in a closed container if you like the inside a little softer or refrigerate them if you like them stiffer. Hi Sue, If they were cold from the fridge, they shouldn’t fall apart. Completely adorable! These are just perfect! I won’t b trying this recipe again. The bunny knew what kind of candy you liked and you always got the good stuff. I need these now!…but my hips certainly don’t. I should have made 2 batches, because the adults were fighting the kids off of them. Thank you for sharing! What a great Easter chocolate gift idea :-). I made these eggs with dark chocolate instead of the milk chocolate and they were absolutely delicious! The greatest thing of all time so much better than Reese peanut Butter cups. Very rich!

Would I still use the Crisco?

I made these at Easter and they were a hit. i made them last night and they absolutely taste like reese’s! I made the cups with nutella on the inside and a mix of dark chocolate and cinnamon chips on the outside. But they are incredibly sweet, too sweet for my taste.

just curious.

I followed your recipe to the letter.

Any suggestions or ideas on what I’m doing wrong? I made 2 separate batches too and both came out bad. This is my very favorite candy of all time!

Thank you for your awesome blog!!

This recipe is a keeper! Did I cook the pb, sugar mixture too long or not long enough? Hi Corynn, Good question! You are my hero. I made these to bring to my in-laws for Easter and they were a huge hit! I certainly cannot serve these at room temp. Soooo happy with this recipe!!! Well done – dangerous to keep around, though ;). AFFILIATE DISCLAIMER.

Yay!! Thanks for sharing this recipe! holy moly :) these are good! Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before … Have been wanting to make something similar with white baking chips since I’m allergic to chocolate.

These easy-to-make confections are a must for me at Easter. I end up with way too much chocolate on them, which then flows off, solidifies and distorts the egg shape. Whisk eggs, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, seasoning sauce, and sriracha sauce together in a small …

I’ve always loved peanut butter eggs and wanted to find a recipe this week, so THANK YOU for posting. You can substitute refined coconut oil for the vegetable shortening in the coating. Let’s break down these peanut butter eggs…. Thanks! It melted it without burning it. Not sure what I did wrong. Hi E, I would not omit the shortening.

:0) How long do these typically last in the ‘fridge? I will look into it. Hi Ashley, I would not use the natural peanut butter that needs to be stirred and refrigerated – it would be too oily for this. Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Another great one – thanks!! Home Recipes Ingredients Chocolate & Cocoa Baking Chocolate, So easy to make and taste good! Yum!

Cut a hole in the corner of the bag; pipe chocolate over tops of eggs.