. And be sure to connect with Betty on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube! As for me, I have a guilt complex that is easily triggered by throwing food away (among other things), so I generally try to look at this particular scenario as a creative challenge; I have to find a way to put the excess sugary paste to good use without investing more time, effort, or money than it’s worth—which usually, ain’t much. Pecan Pie or Pumpkin Pie: Which One Wins Thanksgiving? Vanilla is always a great extract to use but mix it up based on the flavor of cake you are making. or should they be refridgerated? ? This will likely vary from occasion to occasion, and that’s A-OK. (After all, we’re talking about frosting… it’s seriously not that big of a deal.) But a traditional... by Sarah Perry | What kind of turkey should you buy for Thanksgiving? The idea behind the site is to provide inspiration and guidance for creating cookies with your kids during the holidays– and creating memories too! If you plan to use the frosting to write on the cake, use food coloring to change the color (use 1 drop at a time) and powdered sugar to thicken the frosting. A WAY easier way. The glaze is ready when it is slightly translucent and loose enough to pour. We’ve all seen them. Credit: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker . Still, the fact that I regularly go overboard with the icing leaves me with a reoccurring decision to make: Toss the leftover or create a purpose for it. ©2020 Something Swanky. There was a time that I worked in the “corporate world” Monday through Friday from 8:00 to 5:00 and just the thought of going home to make a cake and frosting from scratch was daunting to say the least! THANKS Betty!!) Informations sur votre appareil et sur votre connexion Internet, y compris votre adresse IP, Navigation et recherche lors de l’utilisation des sites Web et applications Verizon Media. Mix 1/2 to 3/4 cup of nuts, chocolate chips or coconut to the frosting for some added flair. The key is scaling back but... by Jen Wheeler | There are lots of ways to cook your Thanksgiving turkey: smoke it, fry it, spatchcock it. If you haven’t visited Betty Crocker’s “Christmas Cookies with Kids” Hub, what are you waiting for?? Be Careful!! Naturally, I made far more of this distinctly flavored glaze than I needed for my drizzling purposes. The main thing to remember is that you don’t want the frosting so soft that the spatula consistently falls to the side of the bowl. It’s better to be too soft then too thick so avoid adding too much. Use at Room Temperature Pillsbury canned frosting spreads best at room temperature.The stabilizing hydrogenated vegetable oils in Pillsbury frosting melt enough at room temperature to loosen the sugar and flavor particles. At room temperature, canned frosting is the perfect consistency for lining cookies. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Empty the room temperature tub of frosting into a large bowl. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free.

I most recently faced this challenge after throwing together a tahini glaze—made with a mixture of tahini paste, powdered sugar, a little honey, a little melted butter, heavy cream, and a dash of salt—to drizzle over a batch of tahini chocolate chip cookies that didn’t come out tasting very tahini-y. Offers may be subject to change without notice. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. (I mean, ok… mine might be a little sloppy– but hey! Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to the frosting prior to adding powdered sugar as directed above. My 4-year old had a BLAST decorating these “Christmas trees” with sprinkles and candies. I frosted them today, and the party is this Saturday. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I can’t be the only one who consistently overshoots on how much frosting or glaze I’ll need to sugarcoat a homemade baked good. And then you try to make them yourself… because all those tutorials make it look so easy! Sound familiar? Using Pillsbury canned frosting is easy, but a few tips can make your frosting experience not only fast and simple but also aesthetically attractive.