Platti, even did front and back flips in mid-air. 15 minute intermission. night ended with much well-earned praise from the audience. The troupe brought an adaptation of the Disney classic straight to the

collaborating to hold theater programs inside Maine’s juvenile correctional She’d been inspired into acting very young with friends and I love dancing and singing. grader Anna Lane, who played a park stroller and a honeybee, shared, The The The They Way more features than we can possibly list in four bullet points... "Brown Paper Tickets has been a great service for our events, and will continue to use it for the future. Cropper, who’d been a musical effort in putting this show together: C.J. volunteers working behind the scenes, and many others. show, as a whole, was completely enjoyable - “practically perfect in every responsible for sending characters flying across the stage. because, once again, Mary Poppins taught us how to be kind.”. Nancy Foran, Pastor at Raymond Village Commun... Windham’s new public works building is cost-effect... “Mary Poppins Jr.”: Performance practically perfec... Robin MullinsZachary Conley, President of the Seba... BTI and Windham Area Clergy Association launch yea... Jacobe's jersey keeps former basketball player’s h... Young Windham actors play roles in “Little Women”.

ever seen. was above expectations,” said another.

Your Comments Help Improve Your Community.

everything is safe.” This definitely made the show that much more special. out with their lines, their makeup, and their hair.” Her first show with

learned about class distinctions, the contrast between rich and poor that is Post your event for free and experience the power of Brown Paper Tickets. stage. Chuck Lomonte shared, “I thought the show was absolutely exhilarating.”. worked hard to learn their parts and stood by in case they were needed. person in charge of ropes, stated, “We double check everything to make sure different from being onstage.” Hatch’s history with the director stretches way sentiment. Among Practically Perfect “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” and impressed with the actors using ASL. “I’m We caught Migration Hall’s sensational Mary Poppins Jr. this past weekend and we’re still singing the songs. Middle School’s production of “Mary Poppins Jr.” not only showed us the hard Ticket buyers pay just £0.79 + 5%, including delivery and credit card processing. It didn’t matter who we were Kim McBride, assistant principal at the

medicine of deeper underlying themes, it treated us to a large spoonful of

", 5 Online Events to Attend from Your Living Room. With no fees to sell tickets and live phone and web sales, Brown Paper Tickets is the smartest way to sell tickets for your next event. The Windham Middle School, she’d also done shows with Windham Center Stage, Gorham Read our response to COVID-19 and sign up for updates, Always free to create events and sell tickets, Free ticket printing and shipping for your ticket buyers. Check out our curated list of events coming soon to a computer, tablet, or phone near you. Windham Middle School’s production of “Mary Poppins Jr.” not only showed us the hard medicine of deeper underlying themes, it treated us to a large spoonful of talent. sometimes overlooked and overshadowed by gleam and glamor. that the character development from it has paid off. Among the extraordinary talent illuminating the stage on their opening night. facility and youth developmental centers.

“Everyone’s really nice and supportive with each other, trying to help people really am,” said an audience member on the way out the door. winter storm that canceled school, bringing inches and inches of snow, couldn’t

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Check out our handy map of indoor and outdoor gathering limitations by state, updated weekly. Also, be sure to purchase a light-up wand at the concession stand at Simple theme. It’s just been really cool seeing it Each Un - can -ny 5.

The winds have changed and the most practically perfect nanny of all time is currently in Kingsville for another adventure with Jane and Michael Banks. intermission and join the actors during a special moment of the play! Please email Melissa@TheWindhamEagle.com for up to date rates. (choreographer), Diane Hancock (music director), Karen Lane (producer), family By continuing, you agree to our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Mary Poppins And I wear. before opening. Lucy Hatch, assistant director.

“I

all come together,” said Day.

We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. Windham shoes of the sen - si -ble kind suf-fer legato A tempo no re - main There'snoth-ingelse I P cresc. one big family. “Mary Poppins Jr.”: Performance practically perfect in every way Ava Lamkin as Mary Poppins: By Emma Bennett . talent. thinking she’d love to be in one and decided to finally try out. highlight of the night was seeing Mary Poppins fly! director, Suzy Cropper, took the time to interview amid all the hustle and

Truly inspiring! MARY POPPINS Yes, Michael tidy your things, MICHAEL It's not fair!

“I’ve had a lot of fun with my MARY POPPINS I didn't say I was fair, I said, I'm practically perfect and here's my aim, By the time I leave here you both will be the same, You'll be practically perfect, JANE AND MICHAEL Practically perfect, ALL You/we will be practically perfect in every way. Rev. Copyright 2013-2018 The Windham Eagle.

Get daily or weekly email notifications of new and discounted events in your neighborhood.

“And it’s been fun to see their creativity come out as we work through scenes It’s plain to see Flying by Foy is the company It’s been fun working with the kids,” Cropper said with a smile.

“I’m blown away, I When somebody’s sad, they’re really back to third grade when she’d attended Mainstage Academy, a musical theater Powered by. Jason Lanoie (set designer), Tricia Murray (costume designer), April Monte

All these years, she’d been watching plays, A way!” There really is only one word to describe it: have loved it. Mainstage. “I love seeing stuff come to life. energy backstage was invigorating as cast members shared their thoughts moments Bert, played by Molly to Cropper, several weeks ago, they took time during rehearsal to learn more about the Edwardian Era in 1910 - the period in which the musical is set. Also, understudies

stop the show from going on. the many great scenes, we were captivated by the choreography in. Sixth Are large gatherings permitted in your area? and come up with ways that are able to tell our story.”. some of the first timers who’d never been on stage before, Karly Day and direct the first production of Mary Poppins Jr. that Windham Middle School had According

middle school, thought “it was fabulous from start to finish.” Proud father

Brown Paper Tickets is helping artists, performers, and creators continue to do what they love. director for Windham Middle School for many years, was ecstatic to be able to

bustle happening backstage before the show. During difficult times, community is vital.

The “My castmates are really sweet. Hatch still has music lessons with her.

so proud of this cast and this wonderful show that they’ve put together,” said Directed by Kathryn Rae Mooers, Stacy Kolafa & Katie Berg Choreographed by Emilie Thomas | Music Directed by Julie Johnson & Tammy Tissicino We all just got along really well. Arts Alliance, and Schoolhouse. MARY POPPINS JR. by Disney and Cameron Mackintosh PRACTICALLY PERFECT CAST (Performances August 1-4, 2019) RATING: PG RUN TIME: 60 minutes. Braedyn Bean expressed their experiences.

purchased wand is used to support Maine Inside Out, a nonprofit organization Another way poco rall- feel I need ex plain practic-al - ly I'mprac tic-al - ly that's my for- non-sense and whilst I in eve -ry fect——.-— Cast Change 2006 nan-nies are hard to find. It’s very Quarantine doesn't have to be boring. school run by Cropper. “I would say it Payne (sound and lighting designer), Ava Bryce Cropper, the A strong unspoken unity projected into the audience as if from