Taking this recipe to the A to Z challenge this month wherein we choose to cook with key ingredients Alphabetically. Keep the batter texture as slightly coarse. Please subscribe to our website to receive all the delicious recipes in your mail box. Learn how your comment data is processed. Idlis – I am not sure if my family will agree:-) though I would love it. If you need colour, add kashmiri red chillies. This is however, not a mandatory step. Idli rice – 5cups Hing – Since we are using so many varieties of lentils, using hing or asafoetida is mandatory to avoid flatulence and enable easy digestion. This recipe is ideal for vegetarians who often look to include protein in their diet, especially plant-based protein. Mullai, Awesome recipe. You may include the fenugreek seeds either in dal or rice. Flip the dosa once the side has cooked and pour oil on all sides and in the centre.

A recipe for passion is always simmering ! Moong Dal is lighter on the stomach. Thanks, Horsegram along with Moong is interesting in Adai. Thanks. I’ve been trying to incorporate this in our Indian cooking and found Idlis are the best way to introduce this new grain. What’s not to like in this recipe? I tried exactly using the same measurement and it came out fine, a bit tough. Your adai is nice and crisp even without fermentation. Thank you Mayuri and I hope you enjoy the Adai as your next Sunday brunch. I will try this tonight, and post the feedback…..I have tried your ‘raagi dosa’ before and loved it. Use your wooden spatula to make a tiny hole once the batter is poured and spread. This batter can be used to make paniyaram or appe. Yours seem perfectly thin and crisp. I am Mullai Madavan, who is cooking and curating content for this portal. Mix well and get ready to make dosa.

The batter works good for dosa, making it easy to spread on the tawa. Switch off and let it rest for few seconds.

A spicy chutney and Sambar makes it a filling brunch during weekends.

Note – Always place the red chillies at the bottom (near the blade) so that it grinds well. Lovely share! Its quite mild when made this way and doesn’t interfere much with the taste. You can gradually adjust the proportion to 1:1 once you  get acquainted with the taste. I used whole black dal with skin and thats why used the fenugreek in rice. Tips & Tricks for making Idli Dosa Batter, How to store Curry Leaves – How to keep curry leaves fresh for a long time, Ridge Gourd Shrimp Curry – பீர்க்கங்காய் இறால் மசாலா, Garlic Chutney – Poondu Chutney – Spicy Garlic Chutney, Potato Kurma – உருளைக்கிழங்கு குருமா செய்வது எப்படி, Chana Butter Masala – How to make Chana Masala. A protein rich filling dosa which does not require any fermentation. Better when served hot! The Quinoa Adai Recipe is Vegan but I would suggest making the dosa with ghee or clarified butter, especially for kids for a wholesome and healthy meal.

I hardly make chutney with adai, that I have to try first.

Horsegram or Kollu – I don’t need any reasons to include this superfood in our diet.

Modest, friendly and hardworking. I always love to have adai with a dollop of butter too.

If you prefer crispy adai dosa, please include 1/2 cup of rice to the recipe and reduce the quantity of Quinoa by half a cup. Let them soak overnight. Quinoa Idli Recipe  / Quinoa Dosa Recipe / Quinoa Idli Dosa Recipe / South Indian Healthy Breakfast Recipe / Breakfast Recipes / Healthy Recipes / Tiffin Recipes / Fusion / Idli  Recipe / Dosai Recipe. Chana Dal (Kadala Paruppu or Bengal Gram Dal), Water as required to soak + Grind + adjust batter consistency. Quinoa Adai Dosa is a protein rich, No Rice, South Indian Breakfast recipe. Thanks…. These required to be soaked with the lentils and quinoa for easy grinding. Adai Dosa, Quinoa Adai Dosa, South Indian Breakfast Recipe, Idli Upma (Easy 15 min Breakfast recipe with leftover Idli), Potato Podimas (No Onion No Garlic Side Dish Recipe), South Indian Tomato Rice / Thakkali Sadam, Sprouts Salad Recipe / No Oil Moong Sprouts Salad, Eggless Fresh Plum Cake Recipe (Whole Wheat, No Refined Sugar), Air Fryer Onion Pakoda (No Fry Tea Time Snack), Adai Dosa / South Indian Mixed Lentils Dosa, Chettinad Mixed Vegetable Curry/ Vegan Mixed Veg Curry, Lemon Rice / Elumichai Sadam / Easy South Indian Variety Rice, Mixed Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce (Indo Chinese Gravy), Beetroot Thoran (Kerala Style Beet Stir Fry with Coconut), Kerala Vegetable Stew with Coconut Milk / Ishtew Recipe, Paneer Bhurji Recipe (Indian Scrambled Cottage Cheese), Pudalangai Kootu / Snake Gourd Vegan Lentil Curry, Vegan Banana Bread (Whole Wheat and No Refined Sugar), Vazhaipoo Kootu (Banana Flower Kootu Recipe), Pear Salad with Feta Cheese, Apples and Walnuts, Air Fryer Jowar Chakli (Cholam Millet Mullu Murukku). Tried it and was an instant hit. great recipe. "Virgoans Rule".. An excellent recipe. Hi mullai, thanks for the recipe. To the ground batter, add salt and hing or asafoetida. Hope you enjoy my collection and thanks for visiting my space. They are thicker than a dosa so couple of adai’s are quite filling. You can use gota urad dal or white urad dal too. Serve it as breakfast or brunch with a side of Sambar and Chutney. Quinoa – 1.5cup Adai as such is a protein rich breakfast. Adjust the quantity of the red chillies according to your preference. Gently mix and scoop them into the idli moulds and steam for 7-8 minutes over medium flame. In a broad steel vessel, measure and add all the ingredients for Quinoa Adai Dosa. This is definitely power packed and very healthy breakfast or dinner option with the goodness of quinoa, horse gram and other dals. I have a traditional Adai Dosa Recipe on the blog that uses rice along with lentils, onions and curry leaves.

Thank You Mullai. I regularly use quinoa in place of rice with sambar, rasam ,and curries. I too usually make paniyaram next day with leftover batter. Quinoa – I replaced Rice with Quinoa. The only downside is the color of idlis and the dosas don’t keep crispy for too long. I say, the more the merrier. That plateful looks so satisfying. Adai takes a while to cook in comparison to dosa so ensure the gas flame is “medium” and allow it to completely cook on one side before flipping. You can use melted ghee or clarified butter too. Adai Dosa doesn’t require fermentation. you can use quinoa prewashed and organic( from costco),when u are cooking rice which is a g8 alternative and kids wont even know that….for adultsI tried substitute instead of rice which turned out awesome…hope this helps…….