4. It's amazing.

No kids. Sometimes there's a little perspective mismatch because I am ready to comfortably embrace middle age, but he's not even close.

Close.

I hadn't expected it. is over 6 years older than me, and it makes the relationship that much healthier that he allows me to experience certain things on my terms. card classic compact. My SO is 10 years younger, we've been together for 2 years, and became exclusive on our first date. Join. (I’m probably going to get reported and banned. It’s sad that you had to give up someone you love because your daughter didn’t approve.

User account menu.

Early twenties: let's date for a long time.

No issues here related to age, it helps that he's way more mature than anyone I've ever dated, he got his crazy partying out of the way long before we met and has had a good stable job for 15 years! There’s the obvious ones of probably not having biological children, and her being ahead in the getting older, if this becomes a long term thing. My heart breaks for you. Dating in my 30s wasn't too bad. Press J to jump to the feed. r/ datingoverthirty. My Mom dated a man my brother and I didn’t like, but it is her life. I've stopped searching for a partner entirely, and instead just focus on using my free time to do the things that naturally make me happy.

Before I got home she had changed her number, blocked me on social media and had moved out. Things that are old to me are new to him, and he needs to experience them the way he needs to.

So far my 30s have been pretty awesome!

For example, I've lost several relatives and friends, so I'm familiar with the grieving process.

7. share. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. this isn't dating, this is dates with your husband, Guy here. I thought it’d be useful to hear from woman in their forties, what it’s like dating someone more than a decade younger than you.

Having been with a man 20 years younger now for over a decade, I’ll say the worst part is how shitty and small-minded other people will be. Conversation still centers around D&D, politics, religion, family, work and random stuff we saw on the internet that day.

Then years later I'd realize that all the signs were there that he had liked me as well, but neither of us had had the nerve to do anything about it. **This is not a place to post personals or "looking for" or hookups. log in sign up.

Keep it fresh, keep it honest, don't be afraid to seek help if it gets bad. It just kind of happened organically. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts .

Edit: I want to apologize to all former and current college students.

A friend of mine has been sending signals of interest and it seems like something is building.

One of the lessons queer people learn when we finally come out is that living our lives to please others is never rewarding, effective, or worth it. Im proud of myself for leaving.

My partner is M28, I'm F37. Not all of you all live like this. It’s given me a lot to think about. ** My fiance is 13 years younger than I am. Posted by 7 hours ago. No explanation, no closure, nothing. This was very well said.

Oh well.

Posted by. Fun times, calm waters, regular awesome sex, we add a lot to each others' lives. She is great, has her priorities straight and loves her career. The love that I needed to be worthy of was my own.

I think that's why it works so well! Personally, for me it has all been about environment.

I think he enjoys my maturity, we give each other lots of space and respect each other, and we have never played stupid mind games. we are in the same boat bro, from what i learned, it depends on you. I know, and same, and Its ON. Just before I (35m) turned 28, my soon to be fiancée(she didn't know I had gotten the engagement ring) left one day while I was at work.

So this has been the most mature and least drama filled relationship of my life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. User account menu /r/dating: vent, discuss, learn!

Ex.. not having kids, open relationships l, etc. More than anything, what I have found is that people in their late 20s and 30s are much more confident and willing to take chances. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

I've managed to turn my life into something amazing, and I did it all on my own. I gotta ask...why did you give up your own happiness for your daughter like that?

What are some of this differences in dating for women from their 20s to 30s? I can just happily go back to single life where I enjoy enhancing myself and spending my free time on things that make me happy.

Press J to jump to the feed. He's in his mid-30's and I'm in my late 40's, and we started dating three years ago after a long friendship. Don't settle (like I would have in my twenties). **This is not … Press J to jump to the feed.

You miss so many good opportunities if you don't try it. Dating someone 8 years older than me.

r/dating: A subreddit to discuss and vent about the dating process and learn from the experiences of others. r/datingoverthirty: Dating Over Thirty is a sub for discussion and advice on dating and relationships for people over the age of 30. Are there any potential issues I should consider?

Ok? If you want to have a relationship with her, just be sure to accept some things that she want in a relationship. A place for women redditors aged 30 and over to discuss questions in a loosely moderated setting. Late twenties : oh you're cute, wanna get engaged?

Still drinks related but at nicer establishments that better suit my lifestyle now. However, if a women seems like she will take away from my life rather than add to it, I'm not stressed at all about it. Keep it fresh, keep it honest, don't be afraid to seek help if it gets bad. I hope you have learned this lesson in time to repair your primary relationship. I would understand if your boyfriend was causing harm to the family...but it doesn’t sound like he was. Hot.

I have a better idea of what I want and I'm not going to settle.

But the people I do meet are of better quality.

She can introduce you to bands, movies, bits of history and you two can discuss your respective experiences with life today.

I don't know.

So now, all of the sudden, women find me attractive and are approaching me for dates. Types of guys you date? Rising. Guy here. Dating "outside the box" is probably the best way to do it. We've been together for five years, and are engaged. My 30s changed that.

Now that I have a career, I'm not around as many people at random as I used to be and it's a lot harder to meet people. People in their 20's, like myself, put things off because we're young and hey we have plenty of time.

Where I used to date for fun, I now date with purpose. It's not the biggest age gap but it does present some quirks. But I also like spending time with myself more than I did in my 20s. If you're good enough, we can move in together and buy ikea furniture.

Usually this entails a long period of regret. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies.

", Dating Over Thirty is a sub for discussion and advice on dating and relationships for people over the age of 30. I'm glad you mention it.

I feel like age 30 was when I actually BEGAN to mature. My partner is very much responsible and practical by nature, so he's stepped up naturally in terms of helping out with the house, planning for the future, etc. Im 24 btw (still learning). 1.6k comments. Frequency of dating? As you said, you begin to mature. Dates in my 20s were dive bar type hangouts. However dating in your 50s has to be one of the levels of hell.

In my early 20s, I would have a crush on a guy and I'd sit around for months without acting on it.

AskWomen: A subreddit dedicated to asking women questions about their thoughts, lives, and experiences; providing a place where all women can comfortably and candidly share their responses in a non-judgmental space. I tried. We haven't had much cultural pushback either- men and women have both reacted with grinning and high-fives when they learn about the age gap.

Find more subreddits like r/datingoverthirty -- DatingOverThirty is a sub for discussion and advice on dating and relationships for people over the age of thirty. Posts Wiki. He lost his first grandparent last year, and I had to remember to let him grieve in his own way, not to try to swoop in and "fix" things. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies.

Hot New Top Rising. I'm 42 F and my partner is 29 M. We have a young child together.

And now we have to get a sitter.

Fast forward to eight years later, I've been single (pretty much) the whole time, I lost over 100 lbs, I got my own house (as opposed to renting a place), I take myself out of the country at least once a year (I live in the US), I learned new instruments, I learned a new language... like I said I basically made every improvement I could think of. Good luck! r/datingoverthirty.

It turns out it was because she was cheating and wanted to be with the new guy, and felt that this was the best way to go about it, but at the time it was insanely difficult for me to not internalize what had happened and place blame on myself due to a lack of answers.

Sometimes you just click with someone! When my ex and I broke up last year I was worried that it would be much harder to find guys now that I'm in my 30s, but that hasn't been the case at all. I've come to the conclusion I will live the rest of my life alone. Occasionally I get paranoid about aging, but then again my family is long-lived and his isn't, so odds are I'm going to outlive him anyway. Don't settle (like I would have in my twenties) KNOW what you want and go get it. Anything that was within my power to change was on the table, because I felt like I needed to find the one specific change that I needed to make in order to be worthy of love. save.

Because sometimes they might, have different wants. User account menu. She was acting like a spoiled brat...and now she knows all she needs to do is throw a temper tantrum to get her way and you’ll fall in line.

The only real snag is she is in her mid-forties, and I’m in my late 20’s.

Thank you for writing it! I missed a lot of cultural stuff in the 80's and 90's due to uh, unusual life circumstances, so oddly, he's more fluent in anything that happened in the media during my late childhood than I am.

I'm also more financially stable just because I've been around longer. And now that my life is as good as it is, I'm no longer willing to settle for something stressful just to avoid loneliness.

In my 30s?

We don't let any issues get out of hand, and if I'm mad at him I tell him and he listens and we resolve, and vice versa.

The only real snag is she is in her mid-forties, and I’m in my late 20’s. This comment inspires me.

hide. card. Once you get out of relations you started in your 20s, and get closer to 30s, you have a better idea of what you want and definitely not want - things you won't just 'settle' with. Dating Over 30: Because dating is hard, no matter how old you are. Join. It’s a bit like dating someone from another culture but honestly, that can make it more interesting.

New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the AskWomenOver30 community.