Epicurious may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Hi, I’m Mary. German Chocolate Cake Truffles are everything I love about a dark chocolate cake covered in coconut frosting all rolled up into bite sized truffles. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Coconut + cake = my idea of perfection on a dessert plate. But other than that, my family enjoyed them very much! Pour batter evenly into prepared cake pans. Bake for 28 minutes, or until the bars are lightly browned around the edges and set in the middle. Pineapple Coconut Bars have become one of my go-to dessert bars, especially when I’m baking for someone who I know goes as crazy for coconut as I do. Toffee Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies, Coconut Milk and Dark Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream, Hawaiian Banana Bread with Pineapple and Coconut, No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Bites. Our 22 Best Crock Pot and Slow-Cooker Recipes. My coconut bars are an American version of a Filipino coconut cake called bibingka.

A slice of this deliciously sweet loaf is lovely for dessert, as a snack, or for breakfast. To revisit this article, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories. Is the brown sugar packed? Sep 23, 2020 - Explore patty mabrey's board "Shredded coconut" on Pinterest. Coconut Lover’s Oatmeal Cookies are a must try for any coconut enthusiast like me. This moist and fluffy dessert uses toasted coconut, coconut milk, and coconut oil to infuse as much flavor as possible into the cake. 3 cups all-purpose flour (about 12 3/4 ounces), plus more for dusting pans, 2 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground cardamom, divided, 2 cups unsalted butter (16 ounces), softened, divided, plus more for greasing pans, 1 (13 1/2-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk, well shaken and stirred, 2 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided, Purple food coloring gel (such as Wilton).

Who can resist a pineapple smoothie with lots of coconut? Sprinkle additional coconut on top. An easy recipe for oist and delicious Coconut Cream Poke Cake filled with coconut cream pudding and topped with a creamy whipped topping.

Transfer about 3/4 cup frosting to a piping bag or a ziplock plastic bag with a 1-inch hole snipped in the corner (keep remaining frosting in mixer bowl). The key to this dessert (as with any sundae) is a mix of textures: icy, creamy, chewy, crunchy. A white cake flavored with pineapple and a little coconut is topped with coconut frosting and even more shredded toasted coconut for a cake that everyone likes. But the best part is the chewy coconut filling, inspired by burfi, a type of fudge-like, milk-based Indian sweet. It doesn't get any cooler than halo-halo, the Filipino treat with a base of fluffy shaved ice. I’m glad that you’re enjoying the recipes, Hannah! If you’re looking for coconut cupcake recipes, these Blueberry Coconut Cupcakes I spotted at Life, Love & Sugar sound divine. Make my homemade No Bake Granola Bars recipe and you can make a variety of flavors including Nut Raisin, PB&J and Double Chocolate!

These are a crispier, sweeter take on the Christmas tradition I grew up with. Moist and tender but dense enough to hold up to your fork, this is among the best pound cakes and coconut cakes I’ve ever tasted.

Beat in remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Each coconut product brings a special flavor and texture to our recipes for These Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Bars are made for coconut lover's!

A brown sugar shortbread crust topped with a maple, pecan, coconut and chocolate chip filling. Place bowl with egg white mixture on top of saucepan over simmering water (bottom of bowl should not touch water). In our coconut dessert recipes, we use everything from unsweetened coconut flakes and sweetened shredded coconut to coconut milk and coconut cream. Coconut … The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Coconut desserts are wonderful all year long and I love including them in my holiday baking. —Anna Jones, Coppell, Texas, Chocolate pie no bake kitchens 47 Ideas #chocolate.

Meanwhile, stir together unsweetened shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon cardamom in a medium bowl. And this Blackberry Coconut Crisp is another favorite for anyone craving a fruit filled dessert with plenty of coconut. Individually portioned miniature pound cakes deliver all the coconut flavor I enjoy in a full sized coconut cake. © 2020 Condé Nast. These ingredients are easily found in your fridge and pantry and it turns out perfect every time! Remove from heat; attach bowl to stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.

Try coconut cream, milk and water too. Invert cakes onto a wire rack, and let cool completely, about 1 hour. Coconut desserts are wonderful all year long and I love including them in my holiday baking.

Dessert bars are always a big hit in my house. Top with third cake layer. It’s like a chocolate lava cake, but wayyyy easier and just as delicious!! Not only do I love each and every one of these coconut dessert recipes, but almost everyone I’ve shared them with has enjoyed them too. Do you have a weight for it if not packed? This quick dessert has a warm, fudgy pudding covered with a moist chocolate cake. Looking for coconut milk, oil or flour recipes? Fill a medium saucepan with water to a depth of 11/2 inches; bring to a simmer over medium. These ultra-chewy and tender cookies are made with oats and shredded coconut, which toast and caramelize to give the cookies an extra chewy texture. With a shredded coconut-speckled graham cracker crust and a luscious cream cheese filling with cream of coconut, this cheesecake sings with flavor. Stays soft and yummy for weeks in the fridge! We’ve found that the best gluten-free recipes rely on a custom blend of flours and starches. Perfect sweet parcels of coconut delivered in bite sized cookie form, they’re cookies you can eat for breakfast and scones you can serve for desert. Food & Wine is part of the Meredith Corporation Allrecipes Food Group. These cookies are extra coconutty thanks to the use of coconut oil in the dough along with plenty of shredded coconut. My father in law is a huge fan of desserts, so he is very lucky that his wife Coleen is an excellent baker. A slow cooker can can take your comfort food to the next level. Food and Wine presents a new network of food pros delivering the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas online. I do wish there was a way to reduce the fat that goes into it, because one cup of butter is alot!

If so, you’ll love these coconut cookie recipes. When we were visiting them in Idaho a few weeks ago. It tastes great on its own and is next-level irresistible covered in fresh berries and chocolate sauce. It’s that good. Hi Karen, the brown sugar in my recipes is always packed. I know coconut in ice cream can be polarizing so if you’re looking for a coconut dessert with just hint of coconut flavor, this Caramelized Coconut Pecan Ice Cream is for you. This crisp, coconutty meringue gives a unique eating experience, as you feel it crunching and melting simultaneously. Cupcake haters, prepare to have a change of heart.

The sweet, creamy flesh of this tropical nut can be used in sweet and savoury dishes. See more ideas about Delicious desserts, Sweet recipes, Dessert recipes. Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Food Styling by Kat Boytsova, Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Food Styling by Rhoda Boone, Photo by Andrew Purcell, Prop Styling by Alex Brannian, Food Styling by Carrie Purcell, Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Food Styling by Katherine Sacks, Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Prop Styling by Astrid Chastka, Food Styling by Olivia Mack Anderson, Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Food Styling by Anna Stockwell, Photo by Chelsea Kyle, prop styling by Brian Heiser, food styling by Rhoda Boone, Pannelet Cookies with Sweet Potato and Coconut, Coconut Milk Custard with Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote, Double Chocolate Cupcakes With Salted Chia Pudding Frosting, Coconut Cream Pie with Macaroon Press-In Crust, Vanilla Bean-Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting.

Creamy Impossible Coconut Custard pie creates its own crust and takes just a few minutes to prepare.

Preheat oven to 350°F. This mash-up of Easter’s two best cakes is a tradition in parts of the South.

Coconut milk keeps the cake layers incredibly moist with a tender crumb.

From the aroma of toasted coconut on top of a pie to the sweet and syrupy bite of a macaroon, these are desserts you'll never flake out on. I love coconut cake so much that I find it nearly impossible to resist. This recipe makes 24 servings, but you can scale it … 02 of 22 Sour Cream Coconut Cake These chocolate-drizzled button cookies don't need any time in the oven, which means you can get your coconut fix a whole lot faster. And we all went nuts for this Pina Colada Ice Cream. ©2020BAREFEETINTHEKITCHEN.COM. We’ve assembled a list of 50 of the world’s most reliable, inexpensive wines – bottles that offer amazing quality for their price year in and year out.

An easy, from scratch, fudgy brownie is baked into a tart pan and topped with a classic coconut-pecan German frosting for a decadent dessert you won't be able to resist! Perhaps the most famous coconut dessert of all is a classic cream pie. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. : This old-fashioned oatmeal cake might not win any beauty awards, but one bite and it will instantly become a family favorite! I like to use a German chocolate cake from the bakery to make these cake ball truffles easier to make.