I do hate it when fried chicken can be too greasy or heavy on the stomach after eating. turned out pretty good – but floury. The skin has to be crispy, all the way around. Prep the chicken – Clean and pat chicken portions dry and put them in a bowl. Clean and pat chicken portions dry and put them in a bowl. You can also use wings or chicken breasts.

It was probably to floury because you chose to cook it differently than the recipe calls for.

You can also reheat in the oven. From my instant pot chicken drumsticks to bbq chicken and the many other loved chicken recipes on this blog, I promise you this crispy fried chicken that my kids refer to as KFC chicken is about to be another readers favorite. When dredging I keep one hand for the wet part and the other for the dry part. Just add enough vegetable oil or lard to keep the chicken pieces submerged and set the temperature to 350 F. Fry the chicken for 15 to 18 minutes in batches, or until it turns golden brown and crispy.

Here are some of the suggestions of what to serve with, To store leftover, wrap tightly in foil or put in an airtight bowl/container or Ziploc bag and put it in the fridge. Made this New Years Day, minus the basil, and it turned out wonderfully! I am curious about the commenter who saves her flour mix. Thanks for visiting. Yours is *much* better than those were. https://keviniscooking.com/my-oven-fried-chicken-kfc-copycat What more could you ask for in “fried chicken” without all the grease!

Home » Air Fryer » Air Fryer Fried Chicken.

Bake for 12 minutes, uncovered. Air Fryer Fried Chicken Recipe! I'm Kemi.

Mix well. If you can't get your hands on a pressure fryer, you can use a deep fryer or heavy Dutch oven. Place a 13x9” baking dish in the oven to get hot for at least 15 minutes (See Note 2). Share this post with family and friends and tag me on Instagram. Remember to spray the air fryer basket or use baking paper with holes so the chicken dredging doesn’t stick to the basket.

- [If you're batch cooking keep in oven at 80C between batches, then fry for around 90 seconds before serving], How to make your own mulled wine at home in time for, List of restaurants that are staying open for takeaways, and deliveries during lockdown in England, Pubs set to be allowed to sell takeaway pints in second, What does The Queen's Gambit mean and is the Netflix show, Pensioner Iris, 81, says family are giving her the, 'silent treatment' after marriage to Egyptian toyboy, 36, Woman baffled by mysterious brown objects on her bathroom, Download 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)' on iTunes. Let me know how it turns out. Home cooked meals are always the best! Policy Use of Recipes, Content and Photos. It works great and gives a lot of room to shake well. Pour the buttermilk over the chicken in the bowl, add in the hot sauce and salt then mix well. I used a package of ten drumsticks, put them into a one-gallon resealable bag (and they all fit in a single layer) and poured just about a cup of buttermilk into the bag. So easy to prepare. It’s so much easier and hands-off than deep frying. It will last in the fridge for 3 days. Her recipes range from Grandma’s favorites to the latest food trends. me too really moist. Hope you hubby enjoys the chicken! Add all dry ingredients into a separate ziploc bag. Pat the flour on the chicken, briefly shake off excess flour, and lay it on a plate. Use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature is at least 165F. Roll the chicken in the seasoned flour until completely covered. - Grab chicken that is at room temperature for cooking and give it a light salt seasoning. ", and Dan confirmed, saying it took him a whopping 18 month to figure out the perfect combination of herbs and spices. Check with thermometer. I would think that to be a very unsafe practice. Air fry at a temperature of 180C for 5 minutes or until it’s heated through. There is no medium when it comes to fried chicken, it is either good or it is bad. Place the chicken parts with the skin on in a plastic bag and pour the buttermilk in to coat. Use chicken parts cut into a similar size so they cook at the same time in the fryer. Looking for the best dinner recipes? Accent, or MSG, adds authentic flavor, so do not eliminate it if you want your chicken to closely resemble the original KFC recipe. Spray the top with cooking oil and put the basket in the air fryer then air fry at a temperature of 175C for 20 minutes. The best home cooked KFC recipe I have use. Once it goes in the air fryer you are free to go do something else till the timer beeps to alert you when the time is up. All Rights Reserved. This copycat recipe (the original remains a secret) contains 11 herbs and spices, but the keys to the delicious flavor are monosodium glutamate (MSG) and the use of a pressure fryer. Back to this fried chicken recipe, it’s just so good.

Thank you very much for sharing this! Many restaurants have had to shut their doors as a result of COVID-19 and the government's restrictions, one of which being KFC. Hello and welcome to my blog. Add the hot sauce into the buttermilk marinade for the flavor. Deep fryer is 350 degrees and 12-15 minutes. This avoids getting clumpy fingers on both hands.

While pan is heating up remove the chicken from the buttermilk, shaking off excess, and dredge in the seasoned flour mixture (See Note 3), coating on all sides with one hand. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and put it in the fridge to marinate for 2-4 hours. Recipe reprinted with permission from America's Most Wanted Recipes by Ron Douglas (Atria Books). Set aside. Stay a while, browse around, you will find easy delicious recipes. Shake chicken well so that each piece is thoroughly coated with flour mixture. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray/oil spray and arrange the coated chicken on it in a single layer. Required fields are marked *, Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail. When asked what makes KFC fried chicken so special, Colonel Sanders used to say, "It's still freshly prepared in every restaurant, seasoned with a secret blend of 11 herbs and spices, and then hand breaded all day long by a certified cook."

Air Fryer Fried Chicken Recipe! Rachel, not double breaded. I have to try this recipe Thank you! I’d give it 4 1/2 stars if I could; I’d say it’s closer to 4 stars than 5 — but I am VERY picky. If using boneless chicken breasts bake/fry 10 minutes per side instead of 12. Combine the egg and buttermilk in a large bowl. No danger of splashing hot oil on yourself and you save up on your cooking oil. I almost never even try to make fried chicken at home because it never tastes as good as KFC! (Do not try to substitute a pressure cooker such as an Instant Pot.) Turns out great every time! Adjust to how spicy you want the food. No, it was left in the box and it took me a week before I even opened the box to see if it was what I had ordered but let me tell you, once I brought it out and found a space for it in my kitchen, I couldn’t stop using it! To make the best air fryer fried chicken, don’t miss the tips below: Subscribe to my newsletter to get free weekly recipes delivered to your inbox, follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for the latest updates. It’s just so good!

Anyone knows if this recipe works with seitan chicken?? Pat the flour on the chicken, briefly shake off excess flour, and lay it on a plate. Glad to say that my kids loved it! A pressure fryer works similarly to a pressure cooker, but the two cannot be interchanged. It’s just so good you can eat on its own. I’ve only tried homemade fried chicken a couple of other times, based on other recipes I found in cookbooks. Use chicken bouillon like the knorr or Maggi brand. Surprisingly it wasn’t hard on the stomach, which was good. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.