Ginger is also a healthy seasoning. 990 calories; calories from fat 48%; fat 53g; saturated fat 38g; cholesterol 65mg; sodium 1430mg; carbohydrates 93g; fiber 8g; sugars 8g; protein 39g. SERVES: 4.

Feasting may look a little different this year. Instead, the first thing I did was cut the chicken in pieces. This recipe has potential, but next time I will brown the chicken after the eggplant and onions, and only use 1 can of coconut milk. Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. 2 cans of coconut milk is just way too much! © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Thanks for the recipe. I used beef instead of chicken about 1/4 c ginger doubled the oyster sauce and fish sauce and used about 1 tsp Thai roasted red chili paste.

Tear the 'Ears' into smaller pieces, about 2 inches long. This dish tasted just like the Pad King I get at our local Thai restaurant - it was amazing!

Add a little water to make a thick sauce.3) Add the Mouse Ear fungus and cook for 2 minutes.4) Add the ginger, green onion, and red chili. Here are the changes we made: -1/3 cup of ginger: be sure to cut it small enough -added one green pepper -doubled the fish sauce oyster sauce chili paste and added a bit more sugar to compensate Enjoy! Amount is based on available nutrient data.

With the high amount of sodium in both the fish sauce and the oyster sauce there was no need to add extra salt so I omitted it. Recipes / Chicken Breast. Clean and peel the fresh ginger root, then cut or grate it into very thin julienne slivers until you have about 1 cup of prepared ginger. Prep: 15 min. Let it get hot and sticky, then add about 2 tablespoons of water to make a thick sauce. I made this last night for dinner. I will use zucchini in place of the eggplant when making this. Add the broccoli and snow peas plus a few tablespoons of the sauce. I double it now to keep the hubby happy. Try to ensure you buy the freshest ginger you can find, this way it will not be stringy and you will find it very tender and pleasant to eat.

Save the other 2 whole to use as a garnish. Only thing wrong with this recipe is there's never enough leftovers! Made with products you probably have on hand.

So I decided to recreate this traditional dish at home. this website. Once the oil is shimmering, … Stir fry 1 to 2 minutes. allrecipes.com.au/recipe/11240/thai-ginger-chicken-with-rice--gai-pad-king-.aspx The Mouse Ear fungus has a hard root section where it grows. Heat a wok over high heat for 5 minutes. Expert tips to improve your skin complexion and texture, 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced, 1 small eggplant, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick crosswise, 2 13.5-ounce cans unsweetened coconut milk, 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1/2 inch thick, All products and services featured are selected by our editors. However, when I pulled up the nutritional information, it was off the charts, as I suspected (990 calories per serving). Flavorful but not well-loved by half of my family. 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced, 1 small eggplant, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick crosswise, 2 13.5-ounce cans unsweetened coconut milk, 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1/2 inch thick. Stir in well. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I don't need to try this recipe to know its right, just wanted to offer some more advice. Sprinkle Thai pepper powder over the dish and serve your Thai Ginger Chicken recipe over Thai jasmine rice, or in a serving bowl with other Thai food recipe dishes. This was a great choice. Simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 7 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. © 2013 - 2020. Sautéed, boneless chicken breast strips, tender-crisp veggies and a ginger flavor-infused broth are combined with a pureed mixture of jalapeno peppers, coconut milk and fresh cilantro. Arrange the ingredient so they look nice, and garnish with whole green onion.

MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Add the reserved cilantro mixture, the remaining salt, and the chicken. Cook the chicken stirring continuously for about 2 minutes. Thanks for the recipe! A full 1/2 cup would have been overpowering. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. These all-in-one recipes are wholesome, simple and affordable. Can be made with shrimp instead of chicken. I browned it in a pan with 1 tsp olive oil for 2 minutes on each side, and kept it warm on a plate. Other than that it was spot on and the family loved it! Next time I may add more vegetables like carrots and broccoli. Get everything ready before you start cooking.

Slice the red chili across on a diagonal. Recipe by dicentra.

Try to ensure you buy the freshest ginger you can find, this way it will not be stringy and you will find it very tender and pleasant to eat. In fact, I used one can of LIGHT coconut milk, which cut the calories for the recipe tremendously! The other comment I have: I didn't like adding raw chicken at the end of the recipe. 2 cans of coconut milk is just way too much! Cook and stir until the chicken is no longer pink and the vegetables are nearly tender, about 3 minutes. Serve over the rice.Tip: If you're in the mood for something other than chicken, you can use shrimp or sirloin instead. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I did change just a couple of things: (1) for vegetables I used one red bell pepper, one yellow bell pepper, snow peas, green onions, and mushrooms; (2) I used extra oyster sauce instead of fish sauce; (3) I did not use extra salt; (4) I cooked the rice separately; (5) I reduced the fresh ginger substantially - ginger is not a subtle flavor and would be too strong if one really used 1/2 a cup.

Real Simple is part of the Meredith Home Group. Privacy policy, Used 40g of ginger, a touch of chilli and ribbon rice noodles stirred in at the end instead of rice... Great flavours, really lovely! Add the ginger, green onion, and red chili.

Add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, ginger, red pepper, mushrooms, and onions. I did change just a couple of things: (1) for vegetables I used one red bell pepper, one yellow bell pepper, snow peas, green onions, and mushrooms; (2) I used extra oyster sauce instead of fish sauce; (3) I did not use extra salt; (4) I cooked the rice separately; (5) I reduced the fresh ginger substantially - ginger is not a subtle flavor and would be too strong if one really used 1/2 a cup. Our YouTube Channel features videos produced by Worawut and the team at. Both fish sauce and oyster sauce vary greatly from brand to brand, it is worth visiting a chinese supermarket instead of using the brands available in most supermarkets. All these in less than 30 minutes! It was just okay.

© Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition