Reviewed in the United States on March 10, 2019.

The great imposter : 11 versions par 4 artistes, The Fleetwoods, Henry Mancini, Mancini, The Piltdown Men There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. join. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Like all true story movies some licence has been taken but the basic story of Ferdinand Waldo Demara is still there to enjoy. Charisma actors are talented and can be very convincing given the right role. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission.

The man behind 1950's most amazing headlines was always one step ahead of exposure. For the 2020 holiday season, returnable items shipped between October 1 and December 31 can be returned until January 31, 2021. Reviewed in the United States on October 5, 2016. Visión obligatoria. I saw this movie many years ago & liked it then. Fun film.

Curtis was never an exceptional screen actor but a decent one, probably more for his good looks and charisma than his ability to become different people. The movie is well worth the price of purchase & well worth adding to anyone's collection. Tony Curtis portrayed Demara in the 1961 movie The Great Imposter.Steven Long Mitchell and Craig W. Van Sickle, creators of The Pretender, were admitted fans of the film, and took inspiration from the character / real imposter, fusing those influences to ideas from The Fugitive to come up with Jarod, the Pretender! Fun to watch. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

A bit thin on factual deliver at the end. "The Great Imposter" tells the true story of Ferdinand Waldo Demara (Curtis) who was chronicled in a novelistic book of the same name written by Robert Crighton (who also wrote "The Secret of Santa Vittoria"). A distancia de sus dos grandes obras maestras, "Matar a un ruiseñor" y "Verano del 42", no deja de ser un film sobresaliente donde se nota la mano de un profesional. Reviewed in the United States on May 27, 2018. I saw this film in the theater when it came out.

But well within accepting of romantic movie boundaries.

Add to which it is basically a true story which makes the whole movie that much more appealing. Tony Curtis Collection [The Perfect Furlough / The Great Impostor / 40 Pounds of Trouble] [Blu-ray]. Difficult video to enjoy for IT illiterate old person. Classic fun with Tony Curtis. An illustration of a magnifying glass. I don't know if he was brilliant, but he was pretty close, and actually did a lot of good things through his exploits. The song was written by Sharon Sheeley and Jackie DeShannon.It reached #30 on the Billboard Hot 100. Capitol Records 19. ' People, you MUST see this. Wonderful actor, good story. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 2, 2017. "The Great Impostor" is quintessential Tony Curtis. Reviewed in the United States on August 29, 2019. How did this man Demara get away with it all? The unbelievable hide-and-seek story mixes suspense with humor, as Demara attempts to outwit and outrun the FBI, the police, a priest and several girlfriends. Skip to main content. Curtis is very versatile. Now viewing it again it still is a really good movie. I laughed until my sides hurt. Interesante película del director Robert Mulligan. See what's new with book lending at the Internet Archive, Uploaded by He even bluffed his way into the position of Navy Doctor. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The Great Imposter: Two Movies Were Made on the Life of a Great Imposter (not as great as Obama?) La trama, un clásico de la época dorada del cine Hollywood. Not happy with this purchase. First shown as a school teacher placed under arrest by state troopers, the story recounts how the untrained, uneducated yet brilliant young man assumes the identity of a college professor, Trappist monk, prison warden and surgeon in the Canadian Navy. Unable to add item to List. An illustration of a magnifying glass.

I can't get it to play in English, the instructions are too complicated. Clueless ' (1995) If only Elton knew how much “Rollin’ With My Homies” meant to Tai… “Kids in America” by The Muffs “Shake Some Action” by Cracker “The Ghost in You” by Counting Crows What can I say but great acting.Curtis is very versatile! Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, + $14.77 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to United Kingdom. 0. log in.

What can I say but great acting. Tony Curtis plays a good humorous role as Waldo & of course a much slimmer man than the actual Waldo, at least later in his life. Total fun, and made me want to learn more about the real "imposter". There was a movie based on the guy, too.

He is in the category of what I call "charisma actors". One of these items ships sooner than the other. A very interesting movie, I would certainly recommend it.

the great impostor - tony curtis classic film. The hit of the film is the score by Henry Mancini. More amazing is the fact that he saved 19 lives in one night by performing surgery, in one case removing a piece of shrapnel a half inch from the heart. page: 1. Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United States on January 7, 2018.

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 16, 2016. This movie is Tony Curtis at his best. Cal. Please try again. What I really liked was Demara wasn't out to cheat anyone out of money, he was simply consumed with wanting to check out all the different professions that he was interested in by taking a short cut. Watch the movie for fun. The movie is a great movie to watch with some touching moments when Waldo performs tasks, like surgery, that he had only read about. One of the musicians on the song was session drummer Earl Palmer A line drawing of the Internet Archive headquarters building façade. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.

so not too many of those here).

It plays the entire movie but the disk is severely scratched. Good for a rainy afternoon (I'm in So. Affadi et dépouillé des principales qualités de son modèle, le remake d'Amazon Prime n'en reste pas moins un thriller dystopique efficace et haletant. “A Great Effect” by Simon & Garfunkel “The Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine” by Simon & Garfunkel “Whew” by Simon & Garfunkel; Stream ‘The Graduate’ now. And this was the right role for Curtis. See what's new with book lending at the Internet Archive.

An Enjoyable Schtick About a Real-Life Con Artist, Similar to "Catch Me if You Can", Reviewed in the United States on June 23, 2018. Based on a true story, a bright young man who hasn't the patience for the normal way of advancement finds that people rarely question you if your papers are in order. (I would include Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt in the same category.) We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others.