It is striking that 'Perfect' is a word that crops up quite often in the text. I absolutely loved that aspect of the story, nothing can break them apart and Sal’s father will do anything for his son. Perhaps it has something to do with the unopened letter from his dead mother and the fact he has no idea what kind of person his natural father was. And, you know, I got this weird feeling that things weren’t going to be the same. "The themes of love, social responsibility, death, and redemption are expertly intertwined with well-developed characters and acompellingstory line.

Perhaps it has something to do with the unopened letter from his dead mother and the fact he has no idea what kind of person his natural father was.

Sal used to know his place with his adoptive gay father, their loving Mexican American family, and his best friend, Samantha. She consulted a palm reader when we were in the ninth grade, and she became an instant cynic. I love stories about family in many different forms and this is definitely a good one. Zum Hauptinhalt wechseln.

Life, baby!” She made a fist and held it high in the air. Wählen Sie die Kategorie aus, in der Sie suchen möchten. Leider ist ein Problem beim Speichern Ihrer Cookie-Einstellungen aufgetreten. Zunächst: meine Rezension bezieht sich auf die Audible-Hörbuch-Version des Romans gesprochen von Robbie Daymond. Product quality was good too.

When you have a best friend who knows everything, it saves you a lot of work.

How could a book be perfect? --Publishers Weekly, starred review "As Sal tries to understand the way his fists seem to be acting on their own, as he sorts through memories and feelings about mothers in general and his mother in particular, Sal wraps readers in a 464-page hug, sharing longing and insight that ultimately affirms the goodness of strong families with the generosity to draw in and rescue those in need of steady, solid, unconditional love."

If things could always be the way they were now. the story was great and touching and I could imagine the charaters and immerse myself in this book so easily. Bitte versuchen Sie es erneut. When she is done with her work, she bends down and buttons my coat.

– ggf. This is such a great book! Bejiamin Alire Sàenz is a fantastic writer. "Written in short chapters that eloquently describe Sal’s deepest fears and most intense moments of affection, the story celebrates compassion and the love of family." The book came on time and in perfect condition. The Inexplicable logic of Benjamin Alire Saenz, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 9 December 2017.

So what if she made me a little crazy? Where is this anger coming from?

464, Price: By:  Benjamin Alire Saenz, A “mesmerizing, poetic exploration of family, friendship, love and loss” from the acclaimed author of Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.

15,228 in Audible Hörbücher & Originals (, Ein wunderschönes Buch - Nicht nur für junge Leser - weder kitschig noch gefühlsduselig, sondern einfach nur bezaubernd, Rezension aus Deutschland vom 6. What would that possibly mean? For these few there is an inexplicable logic that forces the hand to click on that fifth star, and The Inexplicable Logic of My Life, for me at least, is one of these. How could a book be perfect? And now I was about to find out. Meine Wahl fiele hierfür eindeutig auf Aristoteles und Dante, Rezension aus Deutschland vom 10. I knew what she was up to. This complex, sensitive, and profoundly moving book is beautifully written and will stay with readers. The November sun is shining, the breeze is cool, and the afternoon shadows are dancing with a life that is far beyond my boyhood understanding. I love the way the author writes, with beautiful simplicity, heavy on the dialogue and the characterisation. —Bulletin, "What the world needs now is a book like this one. 12,13,14,15,16, Grade(s): Where is this anger coming from? I devoured every page and missed this book when it ended!

I guess I had this control thing over myself. I texted Sam as I reached her front door: I’m here! Sal used to know his place with his adoptive gay father, their loving Mexican American family, and his best friend, Samantha.

—, "As Sal tries to understand the way his fists seem to be acting on their own, as he sorts through memories and feelings about mothers in general and his mother in particular, Sal wraps readers in a 464-page hug, sharing longing and insight that ultimately affirms the goodness of strong families with the generosity to draw in and rescue those in need of steady, solid, unconditional love."

Sal has a tight-knit Mexican family; he feels loved and supported, unlike his best friend Samantha who has a tumultuous relationship with her single mother, and Fito, who avoids his home as much as possible to stay out of the way of his meth-addicted mother.

Wählen Sie ein Land/eine Region für Ihren Einkauf.

Um aus diesem Karussell zu navigieren, benutzen Sie bitte Ihre Überschrift-Tastenkombination, um zur nächsten oder vorherigen Überschrift zu navigieren.

7,9 / 10 16 ocen 2 opinii . Pages: Obwohl er deutlich versucht, den Charakteren mehr Tiefe zu geben, kann ich mich mit keinem wirklich identifizieren oder in die Gefühle hineinversetzen. If Sal's not who he thought he was, who is he? Simon & Schuster Children's UK; 1st edition (30 Nov. 2017), Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 23 March 2018.

To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Zugelassene Drittanbieter verwenden diese Tools auch in Verbindung mit der Anzeige von Werbung durch uns. I’d always wondered what it would be like to be a senior.

(Englisch) Taschenbuch – 23. What would that possibly mean? A warmly humane look at universal questions of belonging, infused with humour, from the bestselling author of Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of … November 2019, Rezension aus dem Vereinigten Königreich vom 20. For these few there is an inexplicable logic that forces the hand to click on that fifth star, and The Inexplicable Logic of My Life, for me at least, is one of these. All rights reserved. Sal's dad is gay, but doesn't have a boyfriend, so his dad's life has naturally evolved around Sal. Nachdem Sie Produktseiten oder Suchergebnisse angesehen haben, finden Sie hier eine einfache Möglichkeit, diese Seiten wiederzufinden. Read it." Sie hören eine Hörprobe des Audible Hörbuch-Downloads. Bitte versuchen Sie es erneut. This year I just was not into this whole first-day experience. $9.99, Publication Date: Shit. Nachdem Sie Produktseiten oder Suchergebnisse angesehen haben, finden Sie hier eine einfache Möglichkeit, diese Seiten wiederzufinden. His dramas were different from Sam’s. “First day.

Dezember 2017.

Bejiamin Alire Sàenz is a fantastic writer. Please try your request again later. Still, that feeling rattled me because I wanted things to stay the same—?I liked my life just fine. The summer had been long and lazy, crowded with hot and rainless days. Meine Wahl fiele hierfür eindeutig auf Aristoteles und Dante, Rezension aus Deutschland vom 10.

When his mother fell ill, she asked her friend to adopt Sal and raise him and he agreed. “Hi,” Sam said as she walked over, oblivious to the fact that I’d been standing there waiting. For these few there is an inexplicable logic that forces the hand to click on that fifth star, and The Inexplicable Logic of My Life, for me at least, is one of these. Dad liked to remind me that I didn’t need a car.

Sam could never decide on the shoes. Nicht annähernd so gut wie Dante und Aristoteles, Rezension aus Deutschland vom 8. Sal has a tight-knit Mexican family; he feels loved and supported, unlike his best friend Samantha who has a tumultuous relationship with her single mother, and Fito, who avoids his home as much as possible to stay out of the way of his meth-addicted mother. VERDICT A must-purchase title, recommended for all school and public libraries." This complex, sensitive, and profoundly moving book is beautifully written and will stay with readers. Wenn man ein Buch von ihm lesen möchte, was ich jedem dringend empfehlen kann, muss man sich für eins von beiden entscheiden.

Rezension aus Deutschland vom 4. I have a memory that is almost like a dream: the yellow leaves from Mima’s mulberry tree are floating down from the sky like giant snowflakes. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 23 March 2018. —School Library Journal, starred review, ?

If Sal’s not who he thought he was, who is he?

Habe dieses Buch verschenkt und es wurde euphorisch angenommen. I loved all the characters in this book! The Inexplicable Logic of My Life | Sáenz Benjamin Alire | download | B–OK. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 18 November 2019, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 20 August 2017, goegeous coming of age story in the oustanding writing this author delivers ever so consistently.

And since it was the first day of school, it really mattered. I was a different story. 16499 Ratings. I loved the way it describes the relationships, family and how life is not perfect and unpredictable. She knew everything. And then we were on our way. Her backpack matched her dress, and her earrings dangled in the soft breeze.

Wenn man ein Buch von ihm lesen möchte, was ich jedem dringend empfehlen kann, muss man sich für eins von beiden entscheiden.

August 2017, goegeous coming of age story in the oustanding writing this author delivers ever so consistently.

"—Bill Konigsberg, Stonewall Award-winning author of, “Thought-provoking and uplifting, this compelling coming-of-age novel  treats the complexities of being human with compassion, and—above all—love.”—Francisco Jiménez, Pura Belpré Honor-winning author of, “A needed, lovely, and powerful book”—Connie Griffin, Bookworks, Albuquerque, "Sáenz presents readers with several beautifully drawn relationships... Sal is one of those characters you wonder about after the book is closed. Oh, man, could Sam feel.

The first day of school.

Is that what they were? You were a little absent during those discussions.”, “Discussions.

Szczegóły .

Please try again. The first day of school was completely forgettable. Senior year. —Kirkus, starred review, ? College!

But it's senior year, and suddenly Sal is throwing punches, questioning everything, and realising he no longer knows himself. Mai 2020. She said we shouldn’t trust them. Mehr davon! —Booklist, “[A] mesmerizing, poetic exploration of family, friendship, love and loss. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Usually I liked the first day—?everybody wearing new clothes and smiles of optimism, all the good thoughts in our heads, all the good attitudes floating around like gas balloons in a parade, and the pep rally slogans—?Let’s make this the greatest year ever!

VERDICT A must-purchase title, recommended for all school and public libraries."

She looks at her pyramid of leaves and looks into my eyes and says, “Jump!” I run and jump onto the leaves, which smell of the damp earth.