Some may call it a permanent resident card number or a green card number. LOL. You will need to refile. USCIS case number has the following format ("-" hyphens omitted): The USCIS I-797 Receipt Notice from USCIS (It may take longer to receive the I-797C for some other forms like Form I-751.) We provide support for the Citizenship Application (Form N-400), Green Card Renewal (Form I-90), and several other USCIS forms. It's easy! All rights reserved. Our company provides a self-help software which provides detailed information regarding the process of how to correctly complete an immigration form and we only provide technical support in relation to the above. Connect with our trusted immigration pro's, The USCIS service center or office that received your case. An A-number is generally 8 or 9 digits that follow the “A.”. USCIS Number, or Alien Registration Number, Alien Number, or A-Number, is a unique, 9-digit number assigned to a noncitizen by the Department of Homeland Security that is listed on the front of Permanent Resident Card (Green Card). If you submitted a visa petition, adjustment of status, green card renewal, citizenship application, DACA or almost any other USCIS form, the receipt number will allow you to more easily track the status of your case. August 20, 2019 Citizenship Humanitarian Travel Documents Working in the U.S. After you’ve filed almost any application or petition with U.S. Take fiscal year 2019 as example. For applicants who have incorrectly filed or included the wrong payment, the receipt letter will indicate that USCIS has rejected your case. We do not represent any legal authority nor do we purport to act as legal counsel or advisor or any other form of legal representation. © 2003-2020 VisaJourney. The case associated with the grant of permanent residence is printed on newer cards. For this reason, this Notice of Action is commonly known as a receipt letter. So I assume the guide above might not be applied to some types in AOS. Green Card Through Employment Application. CitizenPath is not a law firm and is not a substitute for an attorney or law firm. It’s easy to track the status of your case on the USCIS website. Please help. Your access to and use of this site is subject to additional Terms of Use. Let’s take an example receipt number to explain it: Service Center (WAC 16 012 50960)Every receipt number begins with three letters that represent the service center that received the case. Note to Reader: This post was originally published on March 14, 2017, and has been modified with improvements. You can check your USCIS case via several methods: Online at the USCIS Case Status Page (preferred method). Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), they will respond by mailing you a Form I-797C, Notice of Action, within approximately 1 to 3 weeks. On prior editions of the card, the number may have been printed in different locations (or was not used at all). The USCIS receipt number is a unique 13-digit code. If you’ve prepared the form correctly and followed the USCIS directions carefully, the receipt letter will indicate that USCIS has accepted your case. Unlike the application receipt number you … Our example case was opened on the 12th workday of the 2016 fiscal year (October 18, 2016). is not a law firm and does not provide any legal services but general information and self-help services regarding immigration to the United States. In order to proceed my N400 application, I have submitted evidence of my marriage on Jan 15 2020 through mail. Permanent Resident Card Number and Green Card Number They include: CSC – California Service CenterEAC – Eastern Adjudication Center (now known as Vermont Service Center)IOE – ELIS (efile)LIN – Lincoln Service Center (now known as Nebraska Service Center)MSC – Missouri Service Center (now known as National Benefits Center)NBC – National Benefits CenterNSC – Nebraska Service CenterSRC – Southern Regional Center (now known as Texas Service Center)TSC – Texas Service CenterVSC – Vermont Service CenterWAC – Western Adjudication Center (now known as California Service Center). As mentioned, your USCIS receipt number will contain 13 digits. Now, let’s dive deeper!!!

You will receive notifications and updates about your application by mail through the U.S. Also known as a case number, it’s a very important number to help you track the progress of your case or identify a particular immigration filing. If you have lost your receipt letter with the USCIS receipt number, it can be recovered.

In some cases USCIS will process your application in the USCIS Online Account System For example, if you file Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, an online account will be automatically created for you. Case Number (WAC 16 012 50960)The final set of five digits is the case number. On 01/16/20 Ucsis received it. Take your passport or other valid identification documents to the appointment. The I-797C, Notice of Action, contains your USCIS receipt number. My case number for AOS starts from MSC-20-901-X-XXXX. Form I-90 Processing Time Line (Green Card Renewal)Form N-400 Processing Time Line (Citizenship Application)Form I-130 Processing Time Line (Petition Relative for Green Card)Form I-485 Processing Time Line (Adjustment of Status)Form I-751 Processing Time Line (Petition to Remove Conditions)What Happens After Filing Form I-821D (Deferred Action), Your receipt number from USCIS is different than your alien registration number (A-Number). USCIS Number, or Alien Registration Number, Alien Number, or A-Number, is a unique, 9-digit number assigned to a noncitizen by the Department of Homeland Security that is listed on the front of Permanent Resident Card (Green Card). There are several codes for USCIS service centers.

USCIS case number has the following format ("-" hyphens omitted): AAA BB CCC D EEEE Where the values above are as follows: AAA: The USCIS service center or office that received your case SRC - Texas Service Center (TSC) LIN - Nebraska Service Center (NSC) WAC - California Service Center (CSC) EAC - Vermont Service Center (VSC) MSC - Missouri Service Center (MSC) NBC - National … This company is not a government website/agency/affiliate/representative. Therefore it is not a substitute for and does not replace legal advice. Sign up for a new account in our community. Once the form has been accepted, USCIS will begin reviewing your case. The Receipt Number, better called a tracking number, allows a recipient to track a filing online, over the phone, or in person at an INFOPASS. SubmitClick the “Check Status” button and view the results. Postal Service. The working day of the fiscal year when your case is received. Your green card number is printed on the back side of the current edition of the permanent resident card (pictured above). Just out of curiosity, I figured that 9 in "901" is a fixed number and the 4th&5th digital number  "01" falls in a range between "00" to "17". USCIS Number Definition. When you receive your receipt number, you can also verify and track your case by entering the number online. Your USCIS case number, on the other hand, is a 13-character code beginning with 3 letters (such as “MSC” or “EAC”) and then 10 numbers. So I assume the guide above might not be applied to some types in AOS. As mentioned, USCIS provides a receipt number for virtually any form filed with the agency. Enter your USCIS receipt numberEnter the entire 13-digit number without spaces. I don't know what to do. The computer workday is basically the same thing as a workday. (or automated email) Contains Your Receipt Notice: Checking Your USCIS Case Status With Your Receipt Number. CitizenPath is a private company that provides self-directed immigration services at your direction. RECOMMENDED: Unemployment Benefits for Green Card Holders and Other Immigrants.

Citizenship Was Easy for These People. If you are asked for your alien number or A number (such as on a renewal application if you have to file for renewal in the future), that is the number you would need to provide. Such a good killing time game while waiting for case pending. Individuals, attorneys and non-profits use the service on desktop or mobile device to prepare immigration forms accurately, avoiding costly delays.