W., North Carolina. DEAR BRETHREN, -We acknowledge our fallibility. The trinity doctrine is a negation of both the Scriptures and reason. (Lev. He served in that capacity until his death. Unless otherwise indicated, all documents, images, and other information contained in this Web site are the intellectual property of Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. And I believe you continued to do work in the Bible House for Mr. Russell?

Letters to friends furnish some idea of [CHARLES TAZE RUSSELL's] own estimation of his character. Thereafter, starting with the November 1, 1896 issue of the, Maria Russell wanted a "separation", NOT a "divorce". Through the efforts of AHM it is being restored to its 19th century appearance because of its cultural and religious significance. Additionally, as our brothers progressed in their understanding of God’s Word, they clearly saw the need to be separate and distinct from those religious systems that fraudulently claimed to be Christian. Maria Russell sought what was then legally termed. Was it the telephone, the television, or the motorcar? Jehovah’s Witnesses do not hold ritualistic meetings, nor is their worship cloaked in secrecy. George Storrs, was publisher of the magazine Bible Examiner, in Brooklyn, New York. This eventually included the nightly habit of the by then 20 years-old Rosa kissing both Russells before she retired to her bedroom each evening. 24:46-50.). Charles Taze Russell, byname Pastor Russell, (born Feb. 16, 1852, Pittsburgh, Pa., U.S.—died Oct. 31, 1916, Pampa, Texas), founder of the International Bible Students Association, forerunner of the Jehovah’s Witnesses.. By the time he was 20, Russell had left both Presbyterianism and Congregationalism because he could not reconcile the idea of an eternal hell with God’s mercy. Russell was accused of immoral conduct with a much younger woman named Rose Ball in the year 1894. He was President of the WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY from its organization in 1884 until his death. Professor Julio Trebolle Barrera, a member of the international team of editors of the Dead Sea Scrolls, states: “The Isaiah Scroll [from Qumran] provides irrefutable proof that the transmission of the biblical text through a period of more than one thousand years by the hands of Jewish copyists has been extremely faithful and careful.”. A brief biography of Russell along with his will and testament was published in The Watch Tower of December 1, 1916, as well as in subsequent editions of the first volume of Studies in the Scriptures. And of the work involved, Russell wrote: “God kindly veiled our eyes as respects the amount of labor connected with the DRAMA. On July 28, 1914, World War I erupted, and as time marched on toward October 1 more and more nations and empires got involved. "My daughter is as innocent as a child," said her father today.

18For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. And failure on your part to conform to this notice, absolutely, will justly lay you liable for such heavy penalties as the Courts of Allegheny County may prescribe. DEAR FRIENDS: My connection with the "Herald" having been terminated rather suddenly, and under circumstances which must seem rather remarkable and peculiar to you, I feel it to be a duty both to you and to myself to offer an explanation of the manner of withdrawal and my reasons for so doing. Its rediscovery, by Tischendorf just over a hundred years ago, is a fascinating story. The following history is given not merely because I have been urged to give a review of God's leadings in the path of light, but specially because I believe it to be needful that the truth be modestly told, that misapprehensions and prejudicial misstatements may be disarmed, and that our readers may see how hitherto the Lord has helped and guided. "Who then is that faithful and wise servant whom his Lord hath made ruler over his household," to give them meat in due season? Since such submission would violate their religious beliefs, the vast majority of Jehovah's Witnesses refused to abandon their faith even in the face of persecution, torture in concentration camps, or death. Through these religious corporations, as well as by word of mouth, he promulgated the Gospel of Messiah's Kingdom. The expression “Watch Tower” is not unique to Russell’s writings or to Jehovah’s Witnesses. In fulfilling some speaking engagements, he sometimes had traveled aboard a special railroad “convention car,” a small group accompanying him.

After Two Months on the Road Selling Russell Books, Women Return, Asking to Be Forgiven, The man's wife and an 18-year-old daughter had become so, When they left home last September they took only summer clothing with them, and as the New York business man refused to send them their winter wraps, the cold weather may also have helped induce them to return. "A. H. Macmillan is to be in full charge of the office and the Bethel Home during my absence. Writing in the November 15 and December 1, 1928, issues of The Watch Tower, Rutherford releases a double-barreled blast against it, and advances many ingenious arguments that the so-called Altar in Egypt was really inspired by Satan for the purpose of misleading the faithful. In Butler v. Butler, 1 Parsons Select Equity Cases, 329, decided in 1849, after a careful review of precedent authoritia, Judge KING says, A husband may by a course of humiliating insults and annoyances practiced in various forms which ingenious malice could readily devise, eventually destroy the life or health of his wife, although such conduct may be unaccompanied by violence, positive or threatened. However, these charges are absolutely false. Evidently, then, the launching of the Millerite movement did not turn out to be the midnight cry, “Here is the bridegroom!” The heavenly Bridegroom did not appear in the flesh visibly to those Adventists and take them in a rapture to their desired heavenly home, in 1843. That was just before we moved down to the Bible House. Notice that the paragraphs have corresponding questions at the bottom of the page. He was buried in Pittsburgh at Rosemont United Cemetery. They want to be your friends and to tell you more about themselves, their beliefs, their organization, and how they feel about people and the world in which all of us live. Both times, "Pastor" Russell refused to give Maria any of her property, stating to her once, By November 1897, Rosa J. God through his Word appeals to our reason. He reasoned that the Lord himself was an imperfect man who by his life simply showed others how to crucify their sinful propensities. Christian Restoration Minister, Religious Leaders, Spiritual, Leaders, Spiritual & Religious Leaders. Wife's Counsel's Brief in Separation Suit Charges Husband With Sending Offensive Messages by Rose Ball. THE Codex Sinaiticus has been described as “the most important, exciting, and valuable book in existence.” This is not just because it is at least 1,600 years old but because it forms a vital link in our catalog of Bible manuscripts. What are the facts? ', "I said: 'I recognize, my own individual responsibility to God and man, and I will no longer be associate editor; I will just be a contributor.'". Miller began preaching in small towns at first, and then, with the help of Joshua Himes, moved to the larger cities, bringing his second advent message to many thousands.