It would be time to start again, having learned from my mistakes in the "repetitive failure loop" common to these sorts of games. Fully heals health and stamina, and increases stamina and health regeneration rate of the duration of the GoGo Juice. The only way I know to get past it is to just overdose and then wait so please help me, also how do I get more joy pills to carry around on me. You can take a lot of joy pills and you'll have overdose : you'll forget your day and return to your previous day with low thirst and hunger. Now I Can Die Happy achievement in We Happy Few: Died while overdosing on Joy - worth 15 Gamerscore. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. Melee attacks have a small chance of breaking the target's weapon.

I found an easier way to get the achievement.

The Joy pills are - obviously - another symbolism for the overdose and - of course - the main reason why everything is the way it is in Wellington Wells. View 1 more guide for this achievement. Attack with fists do slightly more damage. Increases durability of crafted weapons by a small amount. You can't move. The meter tracks the character's Joy intake. Conforms in the Village. And there you have it: a few words of wisdom for your new life in Wellington Wells. You can take a lot of joy pills and you'll have overdose : you'll forget your day and return to your previous day with low thirst and hunger. Reduced maximum stamina and makes Ollie hangry. My character ingested a pill and stepped back outside into a world which had become even more vibrant and intensely happy. Increases your stamina regeneration by 100%.

Joy Overdose: The Joy is driving now. Last NPC in combat has small chance to leave their items and run away. The butterflies are a common theme in "We Happy Few"; you also see them when you're getting into Joy overdose mode (I guess). Increased suspicion from everyone but Wastrels. Reduces all suspicion rates by a small amount. Taking too much Joy is making you forget important things, making you freak out, drawing double suspicion, draining hunger and thirst, and reducing max stamina. Well, we’ll let you discover all about that one for yourself!

Joy makes you happy with only a few minor side-effects, including memory loss, hallucinations, and psychotic behavior. John Constable can take Joy without suffering any of the usual ill effects (like amnesia) and can never overdose. Just "completed" the game for the first time, and it seemed like there was no reason not to take joy most of the time. Increases damage by explosive weapons by a moderate amount. Reduces the consumption rate of powered items by a small amount. Reduces Crier suspicion by a small amount. With guidance from Compulsion Games' COO Sam Abbott, I explored the small space around me, gathering some supplies while a sinister-looking character known as "Uncle Jack" gave a speech via the black and white TV in the bunker.

Do you have a question about this achievement? After you get so far in the story, just after you get the ' not in Kansas anymore' achievement just to avoid spoilers, you will get access to red phone booths which allow you to take joy, save the game and then go into one of these phone boxes 3 times to overdose on joy, you will know when this happens as when you come out of the phonebox you will start coughing butterflies, then run to the nearest people around you and do anything to annoy them, let them kill you and as long as when they kill you, you are still overdosed you will get the achievement. Are there currently any side effects or penalties for taking too much joy in this version of the game? Gwen needs to be attended to! People will take 20% longer to detect your suspicious actions. As for the Rubber Cat Suit? When you use a trap disarming tool, it won't beak on the first time. He turned on me suspiciously, and before I could decide what to do Joy withdrawal kicked in. She need to be fed. I was also notified of my growing hunger and thirst, caused in part by my running and jumping around my bunker. Causes damage over time. Joy is a pill that the residents of Wellington Wells voluntarily consume to keep them happy and sedated, but more importantly, to forget the city's terrible past. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Joy, as a psychoactive drug, induces happiness and euphoria, making the user perceive the world to be much more enjoyable than it really is. Stamina drains more slowly when sprinting. Just be careful and check your condition of Joy in character section : it's important to not let Joy meter reach 100% otherwise you'll forget your current day, 3 pills are enough to reach the maximum effect and duration of Joy.The effect of joy is balanced, in Wells city it's impossible to find food and water without Joy, if you're out of normal food and water, you'll need to find a way how to survive without getting overindulged. Causes bouts of vomiting until cured or hunger is depleted. The current rough plan for the development of the game is to work with Kickstarter backers to improve and develop the game in the near future, then to explore the possibility of Early Access once the game's reached a certain minimum level of quality.

I drew my weapon, which didn't make me any less suspicious. She need to be changed.

As it happens, I had overdosed. Without the drug keeping me in line, the man turned hostile. Conforms only in the Village.

The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic. Yes i was talking about that it goes up each time your pop a joy and when it reach 100% you get the crash status effect that makes you puke insects. As a consequence, in the game's present-day, a twisted version of 1960s London, people are obsessed with happiness. All rights reserved. Decreases damage from toxic night fog by a small amount.

It seems to everyone that you are on Joy.

This obsession has reached such an extent that everyone wears perpetually smiling masks and continually ingests a drug known as Joy. Things are no longer quite what they seem. Reduces damage from electricity. https://we-happy-few.fandom.com/wiki/Joy_Meter?oldid=13892. Increases maximum health by a significant amount. Increases maximum stamina by a significant amount. Your worthlessness as a mother weighs on your heavily. You'll starve and suffer from thirst faster if you take a joy pill, also you'll look suspicuous for a while after the pill's effect turns off. For more information, visit the official We Happy Few website. The overall goal of the game is to find a way to escape from the city, but you need to do that without attracting dangerous levels of suspicion.

I had enough time to admire a butterfly as it landed on my finger...and then my character passed out. Each death, whether from battle, an overdose of Joy, or even food poisoning, sends me right back to my sewer to start anew. I had an apple and drank some water, then made my way up the ladder into the surface world. © Valve Corporation. If you're close to max, max it out in a safehouse and just ride through it, resets the whole bar afterwards #2.

Guide not helping? I stepped inside -- before the developer sitting next to me could stop me -- and found that, instead of any sort of phone, the booth was dedicated to the dispensation of Joy.