Hazor’s general, Sisera, immediately responded to the news of the Israelite revolt by bringing his chariots to Mount Tabor. This location, “between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim,” places Deborah and the Hebrews in an area controlled by King Jabin of Hazor, who had oppressed the Israelites for 20 years, according to the Bible.

© 2020 Woman of Noble Character Site Built by The Blogging Divas. Yet, it speaks directly to Deborah’s story and purpose to think a bit about her husband. Thirsty, he asked for water, but she gave him milk and curds, a heavy meal that caused him to fall asleep. Deborah then called for Barak, a warrior who would lead the charge against Sisera.

This one is a collection of stories about courageous women of the Bible including judge Deborah. Sisera asked for sanctuary in the tent of Jael (or Yael), wife of the clan leader.

I’ve written a review about it. ( Log Out /  Her number 8 gives her a laser-like focus and the power to follow through with her visions. Deborah’s fulfillment throughout life will be brought by artistic and other creative endeavors. What Does DEBORAH Mean and History?

Judge Deborah ranks among the most famous women of the Bible. Change ).

Deborah’s ways of going about things are creative, outside of the box, and off-beat. Judge Deborah was one of the rulers of the Israelites prior to the monarchy period that began with Saul (around 1047 BC). Grab yours below. As an Amazon Associate, as well as an affiliate of other programs, this means if you purchase something using these links, I will receive a commission on qualifying purchases at no cost to you! Deborah, wife of Lapidoth, the “woman of torches” was, because of her humility toward God and her willingness to seek His face and hear his voice, the lamp for her people. I’d love to hear from you! The city was also home to the Temple of Artemis, (one of the Seven Wonders of the World), in which Artemis, being a symbol of plenty, and fertility, is housed, bees engraved on the sides of her gown.

Deborah then went into battle with Barak, and their enemy was destroyed. Those who sought her could find Deborah under a palm tree between Ramah and Beth-el known as, obviously, “Deborah’s Palm.”  She was the Plugged-in Prophetess of the Palm. As a prophet, judge Deborah was said to hear God’s voice and share the Word with others. I always found it incredibly fascinating that they never wavered from their very busy work of pollinating flowers and gathering pollen and nectar to feed the colony, keeping it alive and supporting its growth. One of my favorite memories was that of sitting quietly in the meadow near our Montana home and watching as the bees went about pollinating flowers. It’s just her nature to be light-hearted and happy go lucky. She holds her friends, family, and strangers alike with compassion and understanding.

For more detailed information, please visit our Affiliate Disclaimer pageChristian Women Youtube Channels are growing in popularity…, This page/post may contain affiliate links. Soul urge number 3 is the number of writers, painters, sculptors, musicians, and actors. The Promised Land of Canaan was also called the “land flowing with milk and honey.”   Honey is more than just a by-product of the work of a few bees in a hive. Deborah is a female Hebrew name, derived from “D’Vorah”, meaning “bee”. She was "a woman, a prophetess," like Miriam Exodus 15:20; Huldah 2 Kings 22:14, etc. The people knew that if she was consulted for guidance or judgement, that she would meditate on scripture and seek God in prayer before giving her answer.

One reference comes to mind almost immediately:  Psalms 119:105  “Thy word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path.”. Yet we don’t know for certain if that means she was a mother to children. Deborah Ford Pennsylvania … Many texts also believe that she was also a wife. The previous year the name had ranked in at 676. The only other person who was a combination prophet and judge was Samuel. Deborah was renown for her wisdom. Having the soul urge number 3 gives Deborah a unique perspective and outlook on life. Deborah Nigeria January 27, 2019. in response to Deborah: Wow so amazing!

Eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.’ So I opened my mouth, and he gave me this scroll to eat.

Judge Deborah’s story has often been discussed regarding how God uses women to serve His Kingdom.

Some of my mates do say that my name means bee then I will get embarrassed,but now I've actually known what bee stands for. She is upbeat and positive and others find it easy to talk to her. As an Amazon Associate, as well as an affiliate of other programs, this means if you purchase something using these links, I will receive a commission on qualifying purchases at no cost to you! Deborah has the personality number 5. As an Amazon Associate, as well as an affiliate of other programs, this means if you purchase something using these links, I will receive a commission on qualifying purchases at no cost to you! We know that Deborah was a “mother in Israel” (Judges 5:7). This one is a collection of stories about courageous women of the Bible including judge Deborah. She was not only well-known for her wisdom, but for the place she chose to give court as well. Your email address will not be published. Deborah can take her artistic approach and apply it to just about any venture and will be met with success. Be bold, sister! Often, in their desperation, the people would come to Deborah’s Palm to hear her words of encouragement and wisdom.

No ads, no pop ups and you’ll have it forever to refer to when fasting. The Israelite warriors won the battle and General Sisera escaped to the camp of the Kenites. Susan is a writer, speaker and the creator of Women of Noble Character ministries. Also in the Old Testament, it is the name of the nurse of Rebecca. The name Deborah has an expression number 8. It is a highly adaptable number and chances are Deborah feels at home in almost any situation.

This also gives Deborah a bright outlook. The name reached its height in the mid 20th century and from 1950 through 1970 the name Deborah climaxed. Spiritual Meaning Of Deborah And Its Origin. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land – 2 Chronicle 7:14. As we continue our look at women of the Bible (see this, Judge Deborah was only one of five women described as a prophet in the Old Testament (the others are: Miriam (Exodus. Seizing her opportunity, Jael tiptoed into the tent and drove a tent peg through Sisera’s head with a mallet. Deborah stands out not only for her wisdom, but, also for her courage. Your soul urge number deals with your heart and your inner-most desires. Early Church symbols and practices also show reverence to the bee. She is passionate about helping Christian women deepen their walk with God through Bible study and creative worship and strengthen their marriages. The name Deborah is used mostly in English-speaking countries but has variations in other languages – Déborah in France, Débora in Spanish speaking countries, and Debora in Italy and the Czech Republic. How can her example of faithful obedience lead us to better hear the voice of God in our own lives? How can we, as women of faith, learn from Deborah? What lesson or lessons have you learned by reading about judge Deborah in the Bible? You can find the review here. This page/post may contain affiliate links. Though the other Judges are …

This can express itself negatively as impulsiveness. DEBORAH Name Meaning and History. Deborah and the Israeli’s rose from the battle victorious.

It turns out, I’m not alone in my awe and reverence of honey bees. Deborah’s courage and wisdom in calling up an army to break Hazor’s control gave the Israelites 40 years of peace. I loved this one as a reminder to be bold for Christ. Deborah is a recognizable character, a prophetess, of the Bible’s Old Testament. She is the only woman of the Old Testament who is known for her own faith and action, not because of her relationship to any man. The reference to Jabin of Hazor is confusing since the Book of Joshua says that it was Joshua who conquered Jabin and burned Hazor, one of the main Canaanite city-states, to the ground a century earlier. Outside the Bible, a woman whose name contains the same DBR root as Deborah is mentioned in an Egyptian text of the time of Ramesses II, who reigned in the 13th century B.C. “The rules of the Lord are true, and righteous altogether. Thus Jael gained fame for killing Sisera, which diminished Barak’s fame for his victory over King Jabin’s army, as Deborah had prophesied. In the Bible, Deborah is a prophetess in the Book of Judges. Some Biblical scholars have suggested that “lappidot” was not the name of Deborah’s husband or region, but rather the phrase “eshet lappidot” means quite literally “woman of torches”, a reference to Deborah’s fiery nature. The powerful expression number 8 is the number of goals.

As an Amazon Associate, as well as an affiliate of other programs, this means if you purchase something using these links, I will receive a commission on qualifying purchases at no cost to you! The most common theory is that Deborah’s King Jabin was a descendant of Joshua’s defeated enemy and that Hazor had been rebuilt during intervening years. She was also set apart in that she was the only female judge to the Israelites, the only female judge to also be called a prophet, and acted in those capacities during one of Israel’s most tumultuous times in history. Barak was Deborah’s junior, her next in command. She was able to lead them to victory and peace. impossible, tenacity, dedication and focus; and she also could be considered the “queen bee.”  She was a powerful force in protecting and leading the “hive” of Israel. In the Bible, the names are significant and were often designated according to the path and the missions that those people would have in life. Having received instruction from God, Deborah called forth an Israelite warrior named Barak. One other Deborah appears in the Bible, the nurse of the matriarch Rebecca (Genesis 35:8). Deborah, Debbie, or Deb. Your email address will not be published. The more I looked into honey and honey bees, the more I realized that name was an apt and true description of Deborah. And he said to me, ‘Son of man, feed your belly with this scroll that I give you and fill your stomach with it.’ Then I ate it, and it was in my mouth as sweet as honey.” (Ezekiel 3:1-3). A pleasant name and both women who had it in the Bible were faithful to those they served . You could say she’s a special kind of genius. In 1990, the name Deborah was still the 25th most popular name for girls in the United States.