Follow our recommendations before you travel to Italy. In September and autumn, you should pack the same items mentioned in the spring section above. I am going for 12 days, how many days is your list for? Please Note: Most of Europe’s Budget Airlines have this Carryon Bag Allowance: 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. Rather than Google search “dress Italy,” follow our guide on how to choose fabrics appropriate for the weather. Italian women wore the scarfs no matter how warm it was outside!!

I got a scarf from one of the the scarf ladies at (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Make sure your sightseeing shoes are broken in properly.

or canvas sneakers for all-day sightseeing and a pair of open-toe heeled wedges for a fancy night out. Chic and casual are not mutually exclusive. This article gives you good insight on the vibe of Sorrento: https://travelfashiongirl.com/what-to-wear-in-sorrento/ Plan to dress to impress , Hi! , I am going to Italy in April for the first time and your blog helps me a lot! Obviously, Rome dress will differ from Tuscany, so any advice would be appreciated. Also, is it ok to wear a white capri in October in Italy? What are some convenient neighborhoods to stay in? Rome on 2nd September? In Venice, the weather might dictate the clothing over trends. I am actually going to post your question on our Facebook Page to get you more insight, so make sure to check back there so you don’t miss your questions! Cmoni, I love your sense of humor. To go in the churches you need covered shoulders and knees, so if not just keep a scarf or sarong in your bag. Btw..I don't wear Palazzo pants or swing skirts, nor do I recall seeing anyone else in Rome wearing that as they run around all day sightseeing!!

The best thing would be to check the weather forecast prior to traveling in order to determine the corresponding clothing to bring. Obviously, Rome dress will differ from Tuscany, so any advice would be appreciated.

Before shopping, see what others are wearing on the streets to capture Italian street fashion.

. We are going to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Also here is a helpful guide that explains more about how to use our packing lists: https://www.travelfashiongirl.com/how-to-use-the-travel-fashion-girl-packing-lists-and-guides/ Hope this helps. If it snows during your trip, opt for a pair of warm winter boots.

Also, consider your makeup–in many European cities, women opt for natural makeup focusing on a well groomed but not over-the-top appearance.

Hi Rachel, thank you for sharing your travel essential for Italy with us! We live in Ardmore, Oklahoma and will be leaving out of DFW airport on the 15th........flying into (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Hi Stephanie, Thanks for your comment and congrats on your wedding anniversary! We are thinking a lot of maxi dresses/sundresses or skirts. , which are the best shoe option for travel to Europe in spring. https://travelfashiongirl.com/best-money-belts-and-anti-theft-travel-accessories/, and this post will help you feel more comfortable about packing for an 8 day trip: Never travel without checking the weather forecast as this will be your ultimate packing guide for Italy. Thanks for reading! Is there any advice you can give us so we get the most out of our packing and travels…What to bring, what not to bring…What types of clothing we will be most comfortable in? I’m not one who usually wears a canvas-type shoe and the one pair I do own no longer fits. I will be going to Florence, Venice, and Rome from December 23-Jan 3 and I am trying to figure out what shoes to bring. A free, pocket-sized guide to the best locations, with a daily listing of the latest and most diverse cultural and lifestyle events in and around Rome. In general day-to-day European style is more dressy than American style, but this does not mean business clothing. Find out what to wear to the Vatican! As you’re headed to fashionable Europe, use an equally stylish carry-on, such as the Osprey Ozone, which is a personal favorite. US Collection Agency after me- I owe for a traffic fine? , which allow optimum use of the space in your luggage, keeping everything organized and in place during your travels, and making the task of unpacking and repacking simple and stress-free. Summer in Rome is very hot! You don't want to do laundry everyday. What about white denim pants or capris at that time of the year? You will never see Italians wear shorts unless they are children. We recommend you take the most important products in travel containers like. Walking down either street from the Spanish steps it is on the left hand side of the street near the top . By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. The south is characterized for being warmer, year-round. Thanks for getting a reply to your question as I asked this also and didn't get a reply. . Hi Julie, congrats on your dream vacation becoming a reality! While many foreigners tend to wear shorts in September, September is filled by bright and sunny days, so don’t forget your, A bathing suit for the day if you want to enjoy the beach, For some outdoor fun, don’t miss out on the, If you’re into jazz music, don’t miss out on the splendid, September is also the time to catch some new and old.

. With so much to do and see in Rome, ironing clothes can take away from precious time spent doing something fun!! I don’t even pack shorts for the south. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-41107852', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Rome. Shoes are the hardest thing to find! And surely, September is one of the best times to visit Rome: it’s still summer, Romans are coming back from the holidays, rooftop season is still in full swing, it isn’t a high tourist season and the weather is great. Find out if it’s necessary to bring a travel blow dryer here. Trafalgar Tours in Italy- and their DUMP Hotels they use. Italy’s clothing styles vary from the north to the south. Avoid oversized, heavy luggage if you plan to use trains, buses, or budget flights as storage space is limited. Long Sleeve | Lace-up | T-shirt | Sleeveless | Blouse | Skirt 1 | Pants | Skirt 2 | Dress 1 | Dress 2 | Sandals | Sneakers | Hat | Crossbody. What are your tips for an Italy packing list? I’m leaving for Italy in a couple of days and will be there for a few weeks and would like to know if you recommend any good, yet fashionable, walking shoes. Specific suggestions below. Sounds like an awesome trip! Thanks Erica! Is it still common in Italy (specifically, Venice or Cinque Terre) that restaurants don’t let you in without heels? Please not that if you are going clubbing, depending on to the club there will be a dress code that’s required. Jeans are a must, along with skirts in light fabrics. Thanks for reading! What is the best location to stay in Rome?

You should plan for both since the weather will vary based on your location – just plan to layer .

September is still summer in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Enjoy! Have an amazing trip! Your feet will be killing you after half a day of walking on the hard cobblestoned streets. We are going to Naples, tour of Pompeii, Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, and Capri last week of April; Sicily, tours of Siracusa and Mt Etna (not hiking) first week of May. Now she has to go out and buy palazzo pants and a trilby straw hat! Three short sleeve and/or sleeveless tops, In September and autumn, you should pack the same items mentioned in the spring section above. I’ve been advised that you do still have to cover your shoulders and cover your knees when visiting a church. It looks like my shopping won’t be too much of stress as Italian style is quite casual yet smart which I like. 3 in 1 jackets are perfect as they keep you warm and protect you from the rain too – click here to find out more about the jacket pictured here. You can also adapt it as needed. What variations in temperatures can I expect? Italy is the cradle of fashion and all of the biggest brands are located in every city. Swimsuit . As long as your clothing is neat and clean, you'll be accepted everywhere. Very helpful! I am leaning towards booties/heels for night time and a pair of oxfords for day time exploring the cities, but I’m not sure if oxfords will be warm enough. Note that the best waterproof shoes are not made out of rubber; instead choose leather. That is me. Match your bottoms with a quality tee or pretty blouse, and don’t forget a sweater and light jacket for layering on cold days and evenings and a waterproof outerwear item, such as a light trench coat, for unexpected rainstorms. Should I plan on the lake region being a lot cooler than any place else I'm going to? Enjoy what sounds like a gorgeous holiday.

We want you to have a stress-free travel experience, and the main goal of this article is to help you plan your packing choices in an efficient way so you won’t be unprepared for your trip and know how to dress in Italy.